New Galrus Woods Loop Trail

New Galrus Woods Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Glarus, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very easy, very nice, very dog friendly. I would come back in a heart beat.

A nice walk through the woods, not challenging at all

Overall, a quiet path with some beautiful trees all around. I wish that I could have been here in the spring or summer when everything would have been blooming. Even after the leaves have fallen, I could tell how pretty everything would have been at a different time of year.
This is a nice, gentle rolling trail that is mostly a mowed path that goes up and down through the edges of the forest. The trial is very well-labeled with maps at intersections to help with finding a direction. There is a guidebook for the long trail, but I was just out for introspection.
The downsides are that I wish there were better vistas overall. Also, the proximity to the highway meant that I could hear it in the background for about half my hike.