Mascoutin Valley State Trail

Mascoutin Valley State Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Ripon, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

rails trails

This trail is typical of the raised railroad bed trails - a smooth walk or bike ride.

Excellent trail, beautiful scenery

I was out yesterday. It’s about 3 miles from just north of Ripon (Co. E & Locust) to Vines & Rushes. The fair amount of traffic on E which parallels the trail along this stretch was a bit distracting but it was good to get out and move. Only saw 4 other people.

The challenge for this trail is more about time than anything else. It's an easy, level walk - a well-maintained surface. I'm tempted to mark it as wheelchair accessible. But it isn't paved. Took my Yorkie mix puppy Nellie Bly one mile out and back. That's all I wanted to push her little legs at 6 months. But she's fit and ready and, as long as I keep her out of the burdock on the trailside, the trail begs us to go farther - and this little dog and I will comply!