Kettle View and Meadow Trails Loop

Kettle View and Meadow Trails Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Delafield, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I absolutely LOVED hiking here. It was beautiful, there are tons of different trails. I believe a lot of these trails are also used for some type of skiing too. lol I found out that meant that depending on the direction you choose to go it can make the same path more challenging than going the other way i.e. If you go the direction the skiers go down it's slightly easier than going the opposite direction. The black path also crosses over the Ice Age trail a few times.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Awesome!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

there are many trail options. I did the moraine ridge trail, which as per the website is 6.6 miles and is tagged advanced. I got lost three times so as a result ended up clocking 9.3 miles in about 2 hours 45 minutes. so far, this has been the best hike because it was just a wee bit challenging with its ups and downs. it is a very well marked trail and while I wouldn't call it strenuous, it definitely is not a walk in the park.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Beautiful!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Solid trail, mostly wooded with some nice hills. Lapham peak tower is a nice spot.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Very beautiful scenery at this time of year. Somewhat muddy but that's because it drizzled last night. Over all, very nice trails, quite a variety and very nice people. Daily pass to get into the park is $10 as of today, March 21st, 2015

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hiked here a few weeks ago. The ridge trail is stunningly beautiful! The view from the top of the tower is one of the best I have ever seen! Going back to try one of the many other trails!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Good for beginners

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Nice trail for first time out this year.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Beautiful trail, but it was way too crowded

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Great escape from Milwaukee. Just off 94 a perfect place to get a quick run or walk in after work. the changes in elevation make it an awesome place for trail running. There is a lot of wildlife and if you are quiet you can sometimes see deer as close as 50ft away!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I hiked the Kettle View Trail, is a 5.8 miles loop, and combined it with a small section of the Ice Age Trail to access the backpaking camp. We had a great time, I was hiking with 23 lbs in my back pack, my wife carried around 18 lbs, and in total, we hiked apprx 10 miles. We also spent the night there. Beautiful campsite, there's only one site, which means you get the entire park to yourself after 9PM. There are several trails, we did an intermediate one, it was a great experience. Highly recommended. The place is extremely clean, well maintained. The lapham tower is a must, if you are in this beautiful park. Three stars because I was expecting a little more challenge even for a beginner like me... the fourth star is for having the entire place to ourselves after 9pm. Enjoy.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nicely maintained trail in an easy to access location

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I love this park! Partly because of the location (close to Milwaukee and Madison) and mostly because of the variety of trails it has to offer all levels. Lapham Peak even has a paved trail for the disabled! I live close to the park so am able to hike their throughout the year. I never get bored! Wouldn't need to spend the whole day here but it is a great park to ramble and hike for several hours.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

This is a fantastic park for people looking for semi-challenging walking trails. I've run on this trail a few times before and have enjoyed every minute of it. Lapham Peak also holds a 5k and 10k race/walk in early October, which I have competed. It's a beautiful park and I would recommend it to anyone.