Ice Age Trail: West Bend

Ice Age Trail: West Bend is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near West Bend, Wisconsin that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

Escape to this rugged, full featured, and convenient section of the Ice Age Trail from CTH-D to Paradise Drive. The West Bend segment of the Ice Age National Scenic trail travels through West Bend, WI. Although conveniently located right in West Bend, this rugged, forested landscape will make you feel much further away. This complete and detailed route covers the West Bend segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail and all it's access points, trailheads, parking, connecting trails, communities, parks, preserves, and facilities. The Ice Age Trail is a thousand-mile footpath highlighting the remnants left behind by glaciers during the last ice age over 12,000 years ago. Designated as a National Scenic Trail, the Ice Age trail follows the terminal moraine of the last glaciation throughout Wisconsin providing some of the world's best examples of glacial formations such as kettles, moraines, and drumlins.

Great for hiking with dog! Taken it several times. Well marked and we have seen Turkey, Deer, and many other types of wildlife. Would suggest for any nature lover.

The trail was well marked with yellow blazes on the trees even though a bunch of small side trails weave through. I'd definitely suggest bug spray, but it's doable without. The section through town was a little odd, but descent views along the rest of the hike. In true Wisconsin fashion the trail put us right next to a Culver's, so there's that.

We started in the area and will head north
Mark very well we did on over night in Oct last year

Nice trail, good elevation changes and a nice hike through some beautiful open woods

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Friday, December 18, 2015

I walked this trail from the south trailhead all the way to the Kewaskum segment and back. This was my first hike so I didn't know what to expect. What I discovered was the connector directions were only given going northbound. I am glad I paid attention to my surroundings because the trail at one point came to an end at the back of an apartment building hidden behind a pile of dirt. I have attached a photo with the directions. I am glad I took the photo and paid attention to my surroundings or I don't think I would have been able to find the trail on the return. Also on the return I found at Ridge Run the trail opened up to the park and did not give directions as to where it picked up again. I had to look around to find where the trail picked up again. I overshot the trail and had to backtrack. The scenery was nice. Despite running into a bees next and getting stung over 30 times I enjoyed my first hike.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Friday, October 23, 2015

Great place for a family hike!

Monday, August 10, 2015

easy to park, great scenery! , highly recommend.

Monday, July 06, 2015

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

great trail, one of my midwest favorites. Clearly marked and sufficiently cleared for trail running. Mostly in the woods so bring inspect spray.

Directions that linked to my Google Maps App took me past the trail head. TH is about 1 mile past the cemetery - sign is pretty small but you'll see if if you keep an eye peeled.

Monday, September 23, 2013

beautiful on a nice fall day.

Friday, October 21, 2011