Ice Age National Scenic Trail - Devil's Lake Segment

Ice Age National Scenic Trail - Devil's Lake Segment is a 13 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Moon Valley, Wisconsin that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

rock climbing

Please note: Dogs are not allowed on groomed cross country ski trails

Wife and I were in Madison for crossfit games. Wonderful hour drive to get here through beautiful country. We parked on south side of the lake and the road in was breathtaking pretty!

We hiked a clockwise loop up the west bluffs and then back on the east forrest trail. 2 totally different experiences. West was a climb in slippery rocks up and down and lovely lake vistas. Forest on east side as a wide smooth path and we really made time. Big climb down from east side to south beach. Slow and treacherous.

I did this trail yesterday but cut in on the Upland Trail loop and stayed inside of hwy 113 it was about 10+ miles. I'm glad I started at park headquarters and did the bluffs first. it took me 4 hours or so. just an fyi parts of it are on park roads

Awesome hike, did it this past weekend in about 25 hours. The to climbs are not to be underrated, but are doable. There are lots of scenic bluffs which are awesome to take a look at. We had a great time hiking this and would definitely recommend it.

great views at any point on your hike

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

I started from the Rozno's Meadow parking lot off Highway 113 and headed west. The meadow was beautiful. This hike is pretty tough. I had a day pack with my lunch and 3 liters of water and was able to refill my water a couple of times in the park's picnic areas. The trail ends at a trailhead off Highway DL and I had to walk back on the road to my car at Rozno's Meadow, which added another 2 miles to my overall distance. The trail was very well marked (yellow blazes). I highly recommend this, but definitely not for beginners.

Friday, June 16, 2017

With the 40 lbs backpack two steep ascents are very hard , the rest piece of cake

Monday, May 29, 2017

Loved it. It was hard but so worth it. My kids also enjoy it to.

Sunday, August 06, 2017