Ice Age National Scenic Trail - Devil's Lake Segment

Ice Age National Scenic Trail - Devil's Lake Segment is a 13.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Moon Valley, Wisconsin that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers offers a number of activity options.

1942 feet
Point to Point

rock climbing

Awesome hike, did it this past weekend in about 25 hours. The to climbs are not to be underrated, but are doable. There are lots of scenic bluffs which are awesome to take a look at. We had a great time hiking this and would definitely recommend it.

great views at any point on your hike

I started from the Rozno's Meadow parking lot off Highway 113 and headed west. The meadow was beautiful. This hike is pretty tough. I had a day pack with my lunch and 3 liters of water and was able to refill my water a couple of times in the park's picnic areas. The trail ends at a trailhead off Highway DL and I had to walk back on the road to my car at Rozno's Meadow, which added another 2 miles to my overall distance. The trail was very well marked (yellow blazes). I highly recommend this, but definitely not for beginners.

With the 40 lbs backpack two steep ascents are very hard , the rest piece of cake

Loved it. It was hard but so worth it. My kids also enjoy it to.

Thursday, November 10, 2016