Lime Kiln Trail

Lime Kiln Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sherwood, Wisconsin that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

beach

First snow of the year! Great hike!

Great easy trail to hike with the family

A nice easy walk. Very pretty.

Took my younger brother with me on this trail. It was so beautiful. I like how you get variations of nature from walking in the woods with the tall green stress and thick stumps to walking along side the lake feeling like your around a beach. It was definitely a great time and not to challenging if you don’t mind the inclines and down hills. Would do this everyday!

Very fun trail, beautiful scenery!

Pretty trail with nice incline. Only downfall is how heavily trafficked it is. I didn't spend more than two minutes alone before encountering another hiker. For me, wasn't ideal, but may not be an issue for others.

This was a very pretty series of trails. I started out at the Observatory per recommendation from the people at the park entrance.
The Red Bird Trail is really nice sitting up in the cliffside. The trail itself can be rather boring since it is very level and does not wind much. There are several non-designated trails though that are quick on-off if desired to get a more challenging trail that is right at the edge of the cliffside with gorgeous views of Lake Winnebago.
I added on the Lime Kiln Trail today for a little extra and this was perfect going straight up to the lake. There was a very pretty stream that ran from the top where I had seen it on the Red Bird Trail down to the water. This was really pretty to see this continuity. The weather was quite unpredictable and the trail was very soggy. I was excited because I finally got to test how waterproof my new boots are. Many people looked quite annoyed with the sheer amount of mud on the lower part of the trail.
Overall this was a well-organized series of trails. The only complaint that I had was that there was no "You are here" dot whenever I came across a map aside from when I was starting the Overlook trail. There were quite a number of people out there hiking, and it was a mostly clean park. Great place for a decent day hike.

so peaceful. some large gravel on parts of the trail

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

great trail with some historical points. all of Highcliff is awesome! epically if you want to push it up some steep hills.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

great place even the dogs loved it

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Close to home Way better than Illinois lol

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Beautiful area to hike

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

ive hiked here many times and I had my wedding here in October. The trails are amazing and vary in difficulty. The colors in fall are GORGEOUS.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Beautiful 3 season trails to hike. Absolutely a must in the fall to experience the changing of tree colors in the valley. Highly recommended.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

make a day of it. picnic !

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Great park that offers a variety of trails and activities for those of all skill and athletic abilities!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

nice trail clean, not to crowded a little challenging :) beautiful bluffs, water etc.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A beautiful set of trails. Saw lots of wildlife (deer, birds, squirrels, chipmunks, ducks etc.). Some trails have very steep uphill climbs, with lots of rocks around. So just be careful and have fun. :)

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

I also love The Lime Kiln Trail. We walked with our dog. My husband climbed on the rocks with him while I took pictures. Great views of Lake Winnebago from the beginning. The old limestone kiln is still standing, although it has crumbled some. There's a shorter trail near a smaller parking lot that has some pretty Birch trees.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lime Kiln is my fave trail in the park. Hike the long way (full loop) to make your way up to the bluffs, fun as hell to crawl in and on the rocks up there. Have fun up the stairs...