Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Grass and Forest Lake Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(289)
Nashotah Park

Grass and Forest Lake Loop Trail is a 5.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Nashotah, Wisconsin that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.6 miles Elevation Gain: 291 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice wide paths, lots of trail options. High traffic.

Always love these trails. So fun going around the lakes edges off the beaten path

Less than 40 minutes from Milwaukee. I found this to be a great 5 mile loop in that the trails weren’t all the same, some parts were wide some narrow. There were muddy sections which I love but I recognize this is only due to the rainfall over night. I came around noon and seen a few people but wasn’t over populated. A great hike.

Really wide trails. It was busy when we went but more than enough room for everyone.

fee

I love this park so much. I'm so grateful to live nearby , so I hike it alot. I have hiked all of the trails . I enjoy the orange and blue trails. I personally like taken the trails off the beaten path , with many terrains. it's so clean . They have plenty rangers driving through , to make sure everyone is safe. They have to * no leash * dog parks there as well.

Great trail for trail running. Handful of people out. Well maintained.

Mmmm hiking

Wonderful trail to do my first ever trail walk/run. *Brown is short and easy. *Blue is hilly, phew. *Orange is a bit hilly but cool little nature loop off do the teal. *Teal is also hilly but not as much as blue. It goes around the little lake and feels like it will never end. I will definitely be back when I need a five mile distance.

A very well maintained trail that is part of the Waukesha County Park system. Hiked the trail with a family of 7 and our 5 month old puppy. Easy hike with moderate inclines/declines. Highly recommended.

Beautiful park with well-kept and well-marked trails! Did both the Yellow and purple loops for a total of 5.0 miles. Park was stunning. Absolutely will be back. Of note, $5 entrance fee to park

Trails were nice, visibly well maintained, and well marked. Lots of people, though trails didn’t seem too crowded. Ended up finding 2 deer ticks on our dog! But that’s what happens when the nice weather starts early. Only downfall, you can hear the highway from a decent portion of the trail. It’s not the worst, but takes away from that being lost in the woods feeling.

Very hilly and mix between shaded woods and open fields

Great trail on the easier side of moderate. Went out in late afternoon on 3/30 with my dog and was pleasantly surprised by trail conditions. A few areas with slick mud, but nothing that couldn’t be avoided. Finished the trail in just over 1.5hrs at a leisurely pace and a few stops for pictures, though I think I walked it backwards. Didn’t pay attention to the trail signage, but used the AllTrails map. I’ll definitely hike it again.

It’s a nice trail but you can hear the sound of the highway almost the entire trail.

really well kept, was here in January. great walk with dogs, there is a dog park within the park if you want to give them some time off the leash. I would look at the map before following all trails starting point in the park and ride lot. there are multiple other entrances and parking areas within the park and maintained by the park.

Great for dog walking!

Nice December walk! Ample sunshine!

Great to let the dogs run in the dog park at the end of the hike on leads

Hiked this trail earlier today and couldn’t of asked for better weather! A 5 mile loop that had views of 2 lakes and plenty of scenery within the woods. This route had some hills to make this hike even more interesting rather than an easy flat land hike!

Nice place with Well Marked Trails!!

Absolutely beautiful trail! Very well maintained. Wide trails. Probably my favorite trail in the area!

Love this trail so much! I live beside this park and there are several trails that connect outside of the main entrance - all lead to the same main trail. For the most part it’s pretty flat/mild, but definitely has some steeper hills in some parts. It has two lakes with very little access to them, but if you aren’t afraid to forage through the woods a bit they have just a few drop-offs shallow enough for dogs to play in. It has nature trails all throughout, so if you’re a bit more adventurous than walking a defined trail then look for small paths into the woods, it’s pretty much impossible to get lost here since everything connects at some point. Very nice little park, I will never get tired of walking this trail everyday!

Sun May 05 2019

Perfect hike, easy to push a stroller through. My kids were able to walk 2.5 miles of it. Beautiful views through out

Tue Apr 16 2019

Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs... except when the run at me unleashed. More than a few people not following posted rules today. Would have been better had this not happened.

Sun Oct 28 2018

Best to stay on the hiking only trails if you want more of a traditional experience.

Sun Sep 16 2018

Love Nashotah Park - great for running trails and well-maintained. However, bugs can be atrocious in the summer.