Glacial Drumlin State Trail

Glacial Drumlin State Trail is a 21.6 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Cottage Grove, Wisconsin that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

Developed in 1986, the Glacial Drumlin State Trail is one of Wisconsins best bicycle trails. Starting in Cottage Grove, the trail goes east for 52 miles where it connects with other trails in the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha. The Glacial Drumlin requires an Annual Trail Pass for all bicyclists and rollerbladers. No trail pass is required for walking, running and hiking. The Glacial Drumlin consists of a 13 mile asphalt path between Waukesha and Dousman, and crushed stone from Dousman to Cottage Grove.

From AZ visiting the area. I would not even remotely consider this a "moderate" trail. Easy is the only description to describe its difficulty. That being said, it's a beautiful hike. Lots of greenery and wildlife. Quite the departure from what I'm used to in the dessert. I started at the trailhead in Cottage Grove and went 4 miles out then back. The trail goes much farther if you want. I really enjoyed this one.

Friday, August 07, 2015

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Friday, July 04, 2014

Monday, July 16, 2012

I love this trail! My Wife and I take our bikes for a ride on the Glacial Drumlin at least once every other weekend. The asphalt near Waukesha is nice, but it also draws a lot of walkers and dedicated road bikers. Once on the gravel, the trail becomes very peaceful and quiet. You can ride for hours on the gravel and not encounter another person. Just be sure to keep an eye out for the numerous potholes. There is a brief 2 mile section in the middle where the trail goes on-road, but it's short and traffic is very light.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I met a group of friends out at this trail to go for a run. It was so fun, that I returned with a friend to do some hiking. We found various animal and plant life while on our adventure! Passed some wild turkeys and also ran into a muskrat or something, I'm not entirely sure what it was. Furry. Anyway, this is a great trail, and not even that far from the city! Great for a weekend trip.