Escanaba Lake Loop

Escanaba Lake Loop is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sayner, Wisconsin that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love the trail but definitely bring your bug spray with, I had to spray my face and neck three times! When you cross Nebish road the second time, don’t be fooled by the sandy loam hill, the trail continues a bit to the left and the sign is covered again. Now I’m going to take a swim in sweet Pallette Lake and relax for a bit.

It is a nice forest and a good selection of trails, but beware of the deer flies. Ended up running miles 2-4 on the 5 mile loop trail because of the attacking swarm of deer flies. Had about 30 around my head at one point. Went in mid June. I’m sure it is better in the fall.

We went crosscountry skiing on the 5 mile loop and we loved it. Lots of nice hills and at one point we stood on a hill in between two lakes.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

I hiked the 2.5 mile yellow loop that goes between the two lakes. Beautiful forest, especially in the fall. The trail is well groomed and easy to hike although there are some inclines that would give the trail it's moderate rating. I can imagine this trail being great in the winter for cross country skiing. A few access points to the lakes are really nice.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Great spots along the way...don't forget bug spray! Towards the end of the 8.5+ when the trail meets the dirt roads, it's hard to tell where it continues. Grass was covering the trail signs so we tore some off so it was visible again. My tracker showed more than 8.5 miles, closer to 9

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Hiking there in the winter isn't the best. Once I got down to the lake the wind was really bad, but the area was beautiful. I only took the 3.5 mile loop because of the temperature, and it was a good length for a quick hike.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Did the 5 mile loop and it was very scenic and there wasn't a single other person around. Very peaceful!

Friday, March 08, 2013

Ticks agreed- especially in may-july. Other wise really fun and pretty. Great area of the NorthWoods!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Great trail! Watch out for ticks in May (we found one). We did the 2.5 mile loop rather than the 8 mile loop. It has enough hills to make it fun, but not overly challenging. There are quite a bit of roots in the trail so I don't recommend this for mountain biking.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Best place for fall hiking. It was beautiful. A perfect day and only saw 2 people.

Monday, December 31, 2012