Eagle Trail

Eagle Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fish Creek, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

cave

Though only 2 miles long, this moderate to difficult loop may be challenging at times due to seasonal ice and year-long rocky conditions.

Fun trail! Good for families but a little challenging at times. Our kids are 4 and 6 and they had a blast. They especially liked the few spots where the trail went right up to the rock face and you could see the little cave areas.

Beautiful trail! A little bit of everything along the way. Like others, I wouldn't say this hike was difficult but be cautious of roots and rocks and pay attention to footing in some areas. Very enjoyable.

Always loved this trail but the conditions are still a little rough. Came across multiple slope areas that were covered in glare ice that were tricky and dangerous to cross.

My husband and I went hiking on this trail last fall. It wasn’t what I call hard, I’d say it had it’s challenging areas due to rock and some areas that had wash away. Oh and maybe because I was wearing flip flops, we weren’t planning to go hiking. It was so beautiful. I can’t wait to go back this summer.

Beautiful trail but not at all “hard”. It was moderate in some areas but mostly roots and rocks. The views were stunning with some beach front access perfect for skipping rocks. You walk at the base of 100 foot bluffs along the water and wind along the cliffs which pass a couple caves. Lots of kids (6yr+) and dogs. We added Minnehaha to Sentinel to make a 4.25 mile loop.

Incredible cliffs down to waters edge. Wish it was longer!

Beautiful views and a good workout. We took our 3 and 6 year old, the 3 year old had to be carried a lot. There are a lot of roots and rocks to trip on so be careful. We loved the trail and will be back!

Excellent hike we did with our 30 pound dog. Lots of rocks and roots; glad it was dry or else it would have been slippery. Great views of water and peninsula.

lost the trail and ended up on the road at the end. kids, 8 and 10 were ahead of us the whole way. beautiful trail, a bit muddy and very rocky, some elevation changes, but not hard.

Wooded trail with some lake views...very nice but definitely bring bug spray!

I always enjoy this hike. Beautiful trail and scenery. Rocky and a lot of tree roots to navigate but worth it.

Fun trail with some good views. Be prepared for mud and mosquitoes.

Good trail, a little wet in spots, lots of rocks, suggest boots. Some mosquito.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Hiked trail over Memorial day weekend. Lots of blooming flowers. Took roughly hour to do full loop with stopping to take pictures. Watch your ankles, rocky trail.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Absolutely loved it...very scenic, lots of elevation change..not really for running in my opinion
Also well marked out

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Good views, fun trail, and in decent condition. Recommended.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great trail. Not really hard just some always footing on the rocks. Loved it.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Awesome every time.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Did this hike with family every summer on vacation when I was a kid and we loved it! Would love to go back some time.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Great hike, took the wife and two boys. Everyone loved it.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Beautiful area, hope to come back!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

great view....good exercise for the middle aged...

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Easy

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

IEast hike with meadows and woods.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Technical trail with slippery rocks and rough trail but the close up views of the bluffs were amazing.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A very nice trail with shade, rocks, and great views of Green Bay. Well worth the work. It can be difficult if wet, or if you aren't ready for the up and down at the ends. Best to start the hike at the Eagle Terrace parking lot and head south. This makes for a more interesting hike on the way down. It also seems that the hike up is easier too on the north end. We did this with our kids at the time ages 3 and 5.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Set in Peninsula State Park, this is the most difficult trail in the park. Difficult because of the changes in elevation and the rocky footing and slippery when wet (it was raining the day day I was there). Most of the switchback sections are level and easy hiking, Well worth the hike along Eagle Bluff then back up to the scenic bluff. Very beautiful. The Tower at the top of the trail looks like it would give great views, but it was extremely crowded the day I was there so chose to skip it.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This trail is a pleasant hike down switchbacks to a relaxing hike near the shore through the woods, along the base of Eagle Bluff, up another set of switchbacks to a scenic overlook, and then across mostly level ground to starting point. Although rated as difficult due to the elevation change and sometime difficult footing, this hike would be rated as an easy or moderate hike in the West.