Donald Park Trail

Donald Park Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Vernon, Wisconsin that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We went with hike it baby Madison group, there is 2 parking lots , we used the one for the horses, since the other one was super packed in the Am. We went during the week.the trail is all shaded not bugs at all, we stopped by the natural springs and continued on a shaded trailed covered with all spring flowers.i will advance you have a map with you it was very helpful, I will definitely do this hike again.

Very nice area with capability to do a longer loop or some shorter ones if you like. There are horseback trails which are shared and then some hiker-only trails which horses aren't allowed on. The nice thing about these trails is they're slightly more strenuous and have more changes in elevation than a lot of the other parks I've been to here. Dogs should be on leash here. Some of the trails were a little hard to follow/figure out which were for horses and which not. Very pretty overall!

This was a very peaceful trail that was indeed lightly trafficked when I was there. It roams through prairies with Donald Lake also there. There were several very open spaces that confused me, but everything was very well laid out in terms of organization.
There were a handful of people running on the trails, which I think would have been just as good as walking given this is a very level trail. There were also a number of horses out on the trail, and this is mostly a good trail for them or a large family given the wide breadth that people can take on this light trail.
Overall, this was not my favorite Madison hike to go to alone, but I could imagine with a group this would be a fun one to chat while walking or perhaps for a trail run.