Ziler Trail

Ziler Trail is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Berkeley Springs, West Virginia that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did the full loop and took about 2.5 hours. Lots of tall grass at top covering trail, but it was well marked.

I take my motorcycle and park at bates lot on top of mountain..and hike 5 or more miles..on blue trail straight up mountain..their is a out house on top..and a place to eat tables and covered area.Very nice..mountain view ..or u can make shorted by coming down the orange part at the top of mountain..But i go the longer route..takes me 3 hours..and i love that park..U know when u are done the ups..

I completed the Ziler Loop Trail today. It was a nice hike - about a 4 mile loop. Strenuous hike up the Ziler Trail. No real views up at the top, but it was a nice quiet walk. I only saw one other couple on the trail. Before leaving the park, I made my way up to the Cacapon Mountain Overlook. Beautiful views! I highly suggest making the drive up before you leave.

Great trail. 2:30 hike for 5.6 miles. this is the ziler trail straight up and making a left and taking the ziler loop trail back down. if you do the entire ziler loop i believe its 12 mi or so.

Awesome state park with more then one trail to hike. Great views

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Thursday, July 14, 2016

I liked this trail a lot the way up was vicious, great workout. I saw a young fawn suckling his mother. I saw no other hikers but they were running the twelve hour challenge on the lower trail. I think the back side of the mountain in fall will have amazing foliage views. The top walk across the mountain was very peaceful, by far my favorite. Lookout on the lower part the sign to the trail was changed by someone and you will end up by middle fork cabins.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Monday, February 22, 2016

Good burn up hill with some great views along the way. Definitely would and will do it again.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Great uphill battle for a while. Parking wasn't hard to find but I had trouble finding the trail head. I didn't park at the very bottom where as you enter the park. The view was great at the top. I am not sure if you are able to do a loop but it would have been better doing a loop rather than just turning back around and following the same path.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

This trail was actually quite strenuous, with a steep ascents and a quad crushing descent whichever way you go, as is the case with circuit hikes. Rocky, so watch the ankles. Scenery is deep deciduous forest with some potential views that would be better in winter w/no leaves. Only saw one other hiker. Deer, squirrels, normal forest birds. Very quiet and peaceful. There is a shelter at the top if you need a picnic table.