White Oak to Big Ridge Loop

White Oak to Big Ridge Loop is a 5.9 mile loop trail located near Mathias, West Virginia that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice hike. We started lower, taking a stroll along the creek and up the fire road before meeting with the white oak trail, then made a loop. It was supposed to be around an 11 mile hike, but we didn't verify and it only took us 4 hours so I'm not sure that's accurate, but it was very challenging, fun, and rewarding.

Awesome!

Beautiful ridge top view from shelter

This trail was nice. Leisurely ascent and great views. A lovely shelter at the ridge allows you to view five counties in Virginia and West Virginia. It snowed while I was hiking which made the day even more beautiful. Trail is easily identifiable and well-worn. Park itself offers cabins and campsites as well as playgrounds and horseriding. Great family spot. I'll be back to this place.