Tulip Tree to Gentle Oak Trail Loop

easy 67 reviews

Tulip Tree to Gentle Oak Trail Loop is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Huntington, West Virginia and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 223 feet Route Type: Loop

Enjoyed this trail with my family. Very shaded. It may get muddy at the bottom of the hill. I enjoyed the art (rock carvings) along the way. Everything was pleasant besides the noise of traffic. Will definitely be back tho!

This app includes the Spice Bush Trail, so be sure to include that. This trail would be much better without the freeway noise.

Beautiful local trial! I will definitely be coming back here.

Love love love this trail. I have hiked this in all weather conditions. The best time of year is the fall when the leaves change. Hiking in the snow is so pretty as well. Many places to stop and enjoy the view or just rest. I recommend traveling this trail after a rain. There are many run offs and the Water flow is very relaxing.

Very nice! Will be returning very soon!

Great trail with beautiful scenery!

This is at Huntington Museum of Art, not Ritter Park. Really pretty. Well maintained. Enjoyable. Will definitely do again. Has some bills for sure.

Mon Jan 28 2019

I recommend taking a walking stick or trekking poles. Trail is slick and muddy in places.

Wed Aug 15 2018

This is a beautiful trail, very maintained, and it connects with other trails. I will be coming back soon.

Mon Jul 30 2018

Really enjoyed this trail Will go back and do it again! Well maintained

Tue Jul 24 2018

Very beautiful hike. Not hard at all!

Wed May 02 2018

Beautiful Scenery and the paths were clear.

Tue Nov 28 2017

Pretty walk thru nice views but the last portion more moderate than easy for this beginner

Wed Oct 18 2017

Nice trail, located at Huntington Museum of Art not Ritter Park. I believe there are 2 more trails there also.

Wed Sep 06 2017

Fun hike.. Can't get lost even if u try to. met a couple of hikers on the way.. Decent climb

Fri Aug 18 2017

Sat Feb 11 2017

Nice short hike and great way to kill an hour on an afternoon. We took our 7 year old (shes not a strong hiker but had 0 problems) and our 2 year old (he rode in the pack the whole time). Little bit muddy at the beginning of the trail but overall a great experience. Will be going back for sure.

Thu Dec 01 2016

It is a good trail. I am definitely going back. Like the previous review, the directions are not helpful. They mention going to The Huntington Museum of Art and it is perfect advice. There is even a trail map. Otherwise, it was a great walk and very beautiful in fall.

Mon Oct 31 2016

I really enjoyed the rock carvings through out the trail, the trees are beautiful in the fall

Sun Sep 25 2016

Great for a Sunday family hike!!

Tue Sep 20 2016

Trailhead directions lead us no where. Just look up the Huntington museum of art and you'll see the trails beside it:) great little hike. Lots of forks, but they all lead to the same place.

Mon Sep 12 2016

This is a nice, easy trail. It is located at the Huntington Art Museum and is pretty easy to find.

Mon May 02 2016

Me and my kids love it! Easy trail but so beautiful and peaceful.

Mon Mar 07 2016

Nice well cleared little trail...great beginner trail

Sat Jul 11 2015

I hike these trails weekly. Great place to let my dog Stella run. Few deer. Beautiful rock carvings, bridges, scenic deck overlook. Short trails.

Fri Nov 14 2014

I love these little trails, although they are short. I usually walk at least twice around if I want to burn some calories. The trails themselves are lovely, though. The little overlook deck at the bottom is a nice little resting spot. I have also seen deer on several occasions.

Tue Jun 12 2012

Nice walk near art museum. Most of trail in decent shape and well marked. Section of upper trail had small landslide that can be skirted or can detour thru museum parking lot.