Tulip Tree to Gentle Oak Trail Loop

Tulip Tree to Gentle Oak Trail Loop is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Huntington, West Virginia and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Nice short hike and great way to kill an hour on an afternoon. We took our 7 year old (shes not a strong hiker but had 0 problems) and our 2 year old (he rode in the pack the whole time). Little bit muddy at the beginning of the trail but overall a great experience. Will be going back for sure.

It is a good trail. I am definitely going back. Like the previous review, the directions are not helpful. They mention going to The Huntington Museum of Art and it is perfect advice. There is even a trail map. Otherwise, it was a great walk and very beautiful in fall.

I really enjoyed the rock carvings through out the trail, the trees are beautiful in the fall

Great for a Sunday family hike!!

Trailhead directions lead us no where. Just look up the Huntington museum of art and you'll see the trails beside it:) great little hike. Lots of forks, but they all lead to the same place.

This is a nice, easy trail. It is located at the Huntington Art Museum and is pretty easy to find.

Me and my kids love it! Easy trail but so beautiful and peaceful.

Nice well cleared little trail...great beginner trail

I hike these trails weekly. Great place to let my dog Stella run. Few deer. Beautiful rock carvings, bridges, scenic deck overlook. Short trails.

The trail is well cleared

I love these little trails, although they are short. I usually walk at least twice around if I want to burn some calories. The trails themselves are lovely, though. The little overlook deck at the bottom is a nice little resting spot. I have also seen deer on several occasions.

Nice walk near art museum. Most of trail in decent shape and well marked. Section of upper trail had small landslide that can be skirted or can detour thru museum parking lot.