Tulip Tree to Gentle Oak Trail Loop

Tulip Tree to Gentle Oak Trail Loop is a 1.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Huntington, West Virginia and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pretty walk thru nice views but the last portion more moderate than easy for this beginner

Nice trail, located at Huntington Museum of Art not Ritter Park. I believe there are 2 more trails there also.

Fun hike..
Can't get lost even if u try to.
met a couple of hikers on the way..
Decent climb

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Nice short hike and great way to kill an hour on an afternoon. We took our 7 year old (shes not a strong hiker but had 0 problems) and our 2 year old (he rode in the pack the whole time). Little bit muddy at the beginning of the trail but overall a great experience. Will be going back for sure.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

It is a good trail. I am definitely going back. Like the previous review, the directions are not helpful. They mention going to The Huntington Museum of Art and it is perfect advice. There is even a trail map. Otherwise, it was a great walk and very beautiful in fall.

Monday, October 31, 2016

I really enjoyed the rock carvings through out the trail, the trees are beautiful in the fall

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Great for a Sunday family hike!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Trailhead directions lead us no where. Just look up the Huntington museum of art and you'll see the trails beside it:) great little hike. Lots of forks, but they all lead to the same place.

Monday, September 12, 2016

This is a nice, easy trail. It is located at the Huntington Art Museum and is pretty easy to find.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Me and my kids love it! Easy trail but so beautiful and peaceful.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Nice well cleared little trail...great beginner trail

Saturday, July 11, 2015

I hike these trails weekly. Great place to let my dog Stella run. Few deer. Beautiful rock carvings, bridges, scenic deck overlook. Short trails.

Friday, May 29, 2015

The trail is well cleared

Friday, November 14, 2014

I love these little trails, although they are short. I usually walk at least twice around if I want to burn some calories. The trails themselves are lovely, though. The little overlook deck at the bottom is a nice little resting spot. I have also seen deer on several occasions.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nice walk near art museum. Most of trail in decent shape and well marked. Section of upper trail had small landslide that can be skirted or can detour thru museum parking lot.