Teaberry Rock Trail to CCC Snipe Trail Loop

Teaberry Rock Trail to CCC Snipe Trail Loop is a 4 mile loop trail located near Charleston, West Virginia that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

CCC Snipe trail, Mossy Rock, Middle Ridge Trail, Teaberry Rock trail, Davis Creek Trail. This was a 6 mile loop hike and we started at Snipe trail with a steep climb. We then followed Mossy Rock to Middle Ridge Trail. This trail was a easy hike and very enjoyable to look around with breath taking views. Be careful to watch for the markers leading Middle ridge, it's easy to follow the road and not the hiking trail. Once on Teaberry, it's a steep climb back down, but enjoyable. Make sure to follow markers because there are trail leading off in different directions close to the bottom. Once we got to the bottom we stopped and allowed our dog to walk the creek and she enjoyed this play time. Continue up the creek onto Davis Creek trail and follow it back to the parking lot and beginning of Snipe trail. If reverse this hike, it will give you similar results. Overall, this was a great hike today !!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

My wife and I hiked the trail yesterday. Overall an easy hike but it was spoiled by countless mountain bikers. They didn't quiet understand the fact the uphill traffic has right-of-way. By the way, take a light lunch and enjoy Teaberry Rocks. it is a beautiful overlook.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

I walked this trail from the kiosk by the pond at the park's entrance starting on Davis Creek trail. I followed it to Teaberry, to Middle Ridge, to Mossy Rock, and finally to the CCC trail (gravel road) back to my car. My GPS says I walked 8.6 miles. Take a GPS and a map, and bug spray if it's warm out. Trails are marked and well maintained however there are no way finding signs. So at intersections there is no information on what trail that trail connects to. Also Middle ridge is heavily used by mountain bikers and there are lots of blind spots so be careful. Teaberry connects to a service road so you can bypass Middle Ridge, which just weaves back and fourth across the service road, all together if you want but you'll miss out on some forested area where it's likely to see wildlife. When you first meet up with the service road, go right. even if you take Middle Ridge it will bring you back to the service road several times before you reach Mossy Rock trail which I thought was the coolest part.

The large rocks with a view near the top and the end of the Teaberry trail is the best place to stop for lunch.

If you want to cut the trip short take Alligator rock trail from the service road over to the CCC trail.

Walking up Teaberry is the only difficult part of this trail, I was glad I brought my hiking poles. There are lots of rocks to trip on, they were nice to have coming down Mossy Rock as well.

Thursday, February 06, 2014