Learn more

Table Rock is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Davis, West Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 2.3 mi Elevation gain 150 ft Route type Out & Back

Muddy

Rocky

Description
Waypoints (0)

As of June 01, 2020, users have reported that part of the road up to the trail head is currently closed.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (63)
Photos (53)
Recordings (56)
Completed (99)
Kelcey Rae
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Jun 27 2020
Hiking

We got to this trail through black water falls state park.. the trail was very rocky and you DEFINITELY need a lifted vehicle!! I have a Jeep Wrangler that was perfect for this trip. After the trail is done you come out to a gravel road- we parked right by the sign and walked to the trail which was a pretty decent hike, was super muddy in some spots and you definitely will need waterproof hiking boots. The view was incredible and there wasn’t any other people around which is rare. I loved this trail. I’m not sure if this is a trail for beginners especially if you aren’t used to driving off-road.

John Hannah
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSun Jun 21 2020
Hiking

Planned on hiking this trail today but like others had mentioned recently, the road was closed shortly after turning on Route 244.

Cindy Cross
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Jun 13 2020
HikingMuddyRocky

Easy to moderate trail. We drove in from Rt 32 (10 miles to the trail head) and it was a pretty drive although the road gets pretty narrow and washed out in spots. The trail is mostly easy and well-maintained but does have some rocky and muddy places the closer you get to the overlook. If you’re taking kids, hang onto them! Huge drop-offs and very wide and deep crevices! Beautiful view from the rocks!

Jordan Montenegro
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSat May 30 2020
HikingClosed

My friend and I tried to hike this the other day but the road up to the trail head was closed (and seemed to be closed for awhile). So we decided to hike up the gravel road (about 5.4 miles) but Table Rock was not at the top. Not sure why this trail was so confusing to get to, but we weren’t able to hike it.

Sarah Rager
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Apr 29 2020
HikingMuddy

Very pretty overlook at the end, very muddy.

Kelcey Rae
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Jan 14 2020
HikingFloodedMuddyWashed out

The first gps map took us an HOUR out the wrong way, never will use google maps again! Then we used a different app and got there shortly. Be careful with the maps! The trail to get to table rock was flooded with rushing water and was washed out- so unfortunately we couldn’t cross. We did decide to walk to lindy point overlook instead and it was pretty awesome! We plan to visit again with a better vehicle as it looks like a fun place to do a little off roading. I did like this place more then Coopers rock.

Shanna Parlock
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarThu Jan 02 2020
MuddyRocky

definitely go in through Canaan Heights.

Kaitlyn Snyder
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri Dec 27 2019
View Kaitlyn's Recording
Matthew Gagle
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Nov 04 2019
View Matthew's Recording
Matthew Johnson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri Oct 11 2019
View Matthew's Recording
Jon Henderson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Sep 23 2019
Hiking

Short hike anyone can do with one of the best views

Sharon J.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Sep 21 2019
HikingRocky

The trail was a bit muddy in areas, but not too bad. I could see it being muddier after a recent rain or in the winter. It took us about 1 hour out and back with two dogs and including time spent at the overlook. The views are great!

Michael Parkent
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarThu Aug 29 2019
HikingMuddyRocky

great rock with view. muddy. camped near summit, awesome sunrise view. in and out cell signal, didnt work for me (AT&T) worked some on Canaan Loop road. Take the south loop to get here, the North part is nearly impassable even with 4x4. some are commenting this should be rated harder then "easy". sure its rocky and muddy, but its sub 2.5 miles almost no elevation gain (150ft.). if your are afraid to get wet then sure it's "hard". NO MOUNTAIN BIKING, trust me i tried.

View Michael's Recording
Kathryn Prentice
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Aug 03 2019
HikingMuddy

Great hike but with the mud and rocks would rate this more difficult. Beautiful view on the rocks!!

Kathy Kibbe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri Jul 19 2019
Hiking

Great trail... a little muddy but still beautiful

richard qualls
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Jul 16 2019
Hiking

My girlfriend likes to come out here and scare me by hanging out on the edge lol. Great views though! I have never had any issues hiking here. The hike has always been pretty easy. I dislike the drive out though in a non 4WD vehicle with not a lot of clearance. It's probably been mentioned that the north part of the loop road coming to the trail head can only be done by vehicles capable of hard terrain. Regular vehicles have to enter from the intersection in the Canaan Heights area.

Christopher Stoll
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarThu Jun 20 2019
Lauren McBride
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSun Jun 02 2019
HikingMuddy

I would definitely rate this a more moderately leaning "easy" hike when dry. Knowing where and how to place your feet and having the proper footwear is critical. We did majority of the hike with kids Saturday and had to turn back. That was .... Not fun. Today we returned without kids and completed it. Very peaceful and beautiful views. If you don't mind being dirty I definitely recommend. Also, watch for snakes. Pretty big rattlesnake sunning himself on table Rock this am.

Leah Hein
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat May 25 2019
HikingBugsMuddyRocky

We took Canaan Loop Road as others suggested and it was a pleasant drive out on the gravel road. This trail isn’t too difficult - although I would rate it moderate rather than easy. The first 0.8 miles or so was nice with simple walking. But the end of the trail was very muddy that had to be carefully navigated and had a couple fallen trees that had to be climbed over. The view was spectacular though, so I’d definitely recommend it. The trail is lightly trafficked as stated - we didn’t see a single soul on the trail, walking on the Saturday morning of Memorial Day weekend. Also dog friendly, we took our GSD mix and he had no problems with the hike.

View Leah's Recording
Jenna Martincak
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri May 03 2019

First let me say this trail is not suitable for all ages or skill level! My husband and I took my 4 year old daughter, and she was unable to walk a good portion of the trail, because of the deep swampy mud. My husband had to carry her. The trail is littered with boulders, which caused her to fall several times. She had some bruising and swelling on her leg from the fall. The trail is also not very well maintained. We had to climb over two trees that fell down blocking the trail. There was not a way around them and they were at least 2.5 feet off the ground. With all this said the view is beyond amazing at the look out. The trail also was pretty. The drive in on the long gravel road was very beautiful!