Scott's Run Loop Trail

Scott's Run Loop Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Morgantown, West Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a decent trail for a quiet hike. Does not get much football. However, we also saw a bear in the woods just 30-40 ft off the this trail in mid July. My first wild bear. Luckily we were a group of four people so he didnt bother us and bounded away once we made some noise. There is the scott run along the path for a good distance so dogs can drink water etc.

This trail is MUDDY and pretty tough. If it's very dry out, this trail will still be sloppy. The return on the roadside trail is fine, but Scott Run itself is muddy, and the first 1/2 mile of the uphill is steep.

I loved this hike. I am currently over 400 lbs, and I completed this in under three hours. If I can do it, you can too!

Nice leisurely trail!

I enjoyed a stupendous mountain bike ride on this trail. I rode the loop counterclockwise and enjoyed just enough rocks, roots and climb for a 66 year old on a dual suspension trail bike.

Monday, July 10, 2017

If you like tons of rocks, natural Waterways on trail and it's really not a loop it connects with the roadside Trail after 2.5 Mi then this Trail is for you.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

One of my favorite trails in Cooper's Rock --- I very rarely see anyone else using it.

Friday, August 12, 2016

One of the best close-to-Morgantown hikes! Rushing mountains streams in the summer. Rocky in places, but a beautiful trail.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Scott's Run is a lovely trail with a flowing creek, and some nice relief views of the creek amidst patches of hemlock, fern, and varied forest setting. I generally loop back on the roadside trail at Cooper's Rock State Park. It's lightly traveled and makes a nice day hike.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Took the Advanced Ski Trail from the forest entrance parking lot to the historic Henry Clay Furnace and continued onto the Mt. Chateau Trail, which lead to Cheat Lake. Roughly 4-5 miles to the lake. It was a slight descend the entire way, a little steeper toward the end near the lake. Took us an hour and forty minutes to hike down and an hour forty back. Fairly easy. Nice views of the forest and lake. Recommended.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017