Salmon Run Trail

Salmon Run Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Summersville, West Virginia that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail wasn’t too difficult. It had some beautiful mushrooms along the way. I was disappointed at how poorly maintained it was. Grass was pretty high on several parts of the trail.

A nice and easy hike with the end of the river/lake at the starting point of the hike, depending on where you start from. I connected from the Airport Road Trail to make it a little longer of a hike.

Monday, August 13, 2012

I have walked this trail too many times to count. It is great for stretching the legs and getting some fresh air (not to mention it's about 5 minutes from my house!) I would rate this easy to moderate as there are a couple of steeper climbs. You can take some feeder trails to make this loop shorter if you don't have a lot of time. I usually see one or two people running or biking but you pretty much have the trail to yourself. I amost always see deer on this trail in the evenings.

Sunday, June 11, 2017