Raven Rocks Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Huttonsville, West Virginia that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 633 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is a great trail, but should definitely be intermediate. It has a very steep incline in some parts, but the view is amazing. I hiked it with my teenagers, 5 and 6 year old.

I started at the trail head along the main gravel road and eventually went on to hike the old fire road at the end of this trail. I do recommend completing the trail this way as it does have some incline and it could be tricky to use this trail to come off the mountain. There's a nice view atop a rocky outcrop about halfway up the trail.

Mon Sep 03 2018

This trail does not look easy at all. I drove 1 hour to hike this but was not able to since I had kids with me. It’s possible the trail flattened out but you have to do some climbing initially to get started.