Poor House Farm Park Loop is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Martinsburg, West Virginia that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking.

Length2.1 miElevation gain239 ftRoute typeLoop
Photos (44)
Recordings (43)
Completed (63)
Michael Salone
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 21, 2021
Hiking

I'm not sure if it was my out of state plates or I came too close to dusk, but I was chased out within 10 minutes by guy with a flashlight and a shotgun, yelling I did norbelong there. I will not be coming back to this site. So much for southern hospitality.

View Michael's Recording
Celeste O'Keefe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 28, 2020
HikingGreat!

There’s definitely opportunities to make it a longer hike, as the walking trail is intertwined with disc golf and mountain biking trails. Was a lovely area!

Joyce Layman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 4, 2020
HikingGreat!

we couldn't determine where you would get the 1 mile loop. We did find a trail trough the woods that is marked bike and it was a lot of fun through the woods up and down hills. It was about 4 miles long. I will definitely do that trail again.

Samantha Kief
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 11, 2020
View Samantha's Recording
Leslie Bohrer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 20, 2020
Walking
View Leslie's Recording
Kårmâs Søldiēr
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 7, 2020
HikingBugsMuddyOver grown
View Kårmâs's Recording
Sarah Couch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 26, 2020
Hiking

This is only my second time on this trail and I LOVE it! I did figure out that it is marked, but it’s also marked with mountain bike signs just in case if you get confused. It’s a nice walk through the woods, you weave back and forth on the mountain so it’s got some hill. I would say that it is more of a trail with no real destination, when you reach the top there isn’t an over look or anything. But overall I really enjoy this trail and I keep coming back to it.

View Sarah's Recording
Sarah Rhinehart
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 13, 2020
Running

Great little spot for a trail running, when the dirt bikers aren’t out! The trail is mostly up hill around a disc golf course. No real views but the sharp angles of part of the trail makes it a fun place to run through the woods undisturbed!

Krista Wiles
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarNovember 18, 2019
HikingOff trailScramble

It was absolutely beautiful! I loved it, until the signs for following the trail started leading me everywhere. I didn’t mind getting lost, I enjoy it. BUT among my getting lost I heard a growl not too far a way from me in the woods. I stopped and waited and heard it again. I slowly walked a way until I didn’t hear it growling anymore and then I ran for the bottom. The signs and trail are all over the place so I just cut thru shrub and and until I hit the bottom. That is the first time in all my adventure I heard something near me. I didn’t think I was too far off the trail because of the signs and how the trail appeared to lead forward. But I apparently was near something, maybe even that things home. Be safe y’all! Remember we are entering THEIR homes.

JuliAn Guildner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 5, 2020
JuliAn Guildner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 28, 2020
JuliAn Guildner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 22, 2020
JuliAn Guildner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 21, 2020
Megan Sutton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 16, 2020
View Megan's Recording
Walter Little lll
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 13, 2020
Brandy Bennett
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 12, 2020
View Brandy's Recording
Mandi Flowers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 21, 2020
View Mandi's Recording
randy reed
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 16, 2020
View randy's Recording
Ian Groetaers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 7, 2020
View Ian's Recording
Missy Pressman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 6, 2020
View Missy's Recording
Emily Meadows
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 5, 2020
View Emily's Recording
Greg Shockey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 4, 2020
View Greg's Recording
Crystal Harris
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 30, 2020
View Crystal's Recording
Kimberly Palmer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 13, 2020
Kimberly Palmer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 6, 2020
Molly McKim
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 4, 2020
View Molly's Recording
Kimberly Palmer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 16, 2020