North-South Loop Trail

North-South Loop Trail is a 18.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Woodrow, West Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Nice and quiet. 3 - 4 miles west of the Scenic Highway on a still day on the ridge trail and all you hear is the faintest hint of Williams and Cranberry as a backdrop to the critters....in between jets of course.

I loved this trail. I hope we can come back and do it all.

Nice trail but we got a late start and did not do it all. The trail was in fairly good shape, although there was some blowdown.

Awesome trail. The northern end near the Cranberry campground was in great shape last time I was there, July of 2015. This can be a backbone for a lot of great loops.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

I didn't do the full 16 miles due to getting a later start. Their were lots of trees down and a little narrow in some places. The signs for the trail and barely readable and due to that I did get lost once.
Not my favorite, not my least favorite.