McDonough Trail Loop

McDonough Trail Loop is a 3.1 mile loop trail located near Vienna, West Virginia and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great hidden gem. Trails are well maintained.

Great trail for running. Not too busy, short up and down challenges, can add additional distance with other trails. I ran today to break up a cross country trip and get some exercise. Not too far off I-77, flush toilets, free, picnic tables nicely maintained.

This is my local hiking trail. Great place to go on a solo hike or make your dogs. The parking lot is almost always busy but the trails are mostly quiet once you get going. Plenty of benches for stops and a good amount of wildlife to observe. No biking allowed so just runners to watch out while hiking. The trail tie ins allow you to get anywhere from a mile and half to 5 miles of trails. The scenery has rolling hills and a beautiful lake.

Awesome!!!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

I can't believe I never knew about this place! Great place to go for short hike. Nice mix of hilly and flat. Trail can be quite wet in places. Afterwards we walked an additional mile on the paved loop. Will definitely be back.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Quick loop for easy hike!

Monday, December 28, 2015

Great trail, even with all the rain we had over Christmas. The trail is holding up well. The wet leaves and Gravel keep the trail runnable. I started at the bridge to the Piney trail to the Main loop, to Buckeye, back on the Main loop to Piney then around the Zig-Zag loop back to the bridge. The trails friendly for all ages and levels.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nice little trail when you only have a limited amount of time but just need to get outdoors.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Great little trail that our family hiked often when we lived in Vienna. It was close to our house, so we would whip over and take the kids out. They both cut their teeth on this trail. Now they are hooked on hiking. Such a gem for families and a great place for kids to get outside and enjoy creation.

Saturday, March 25, 2017