Lost Trail

Lost Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lavalette, West Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

One of several good trails at Beech Fork Park. Located near the campground Lost Trail runs along part of the longer Mary Davis Trail. Both are excellent and I would rate them as moderate.

Nice trail . We use it and the adjoining Mary Davis Trail with my sons scout troop two to three times a year. It is typical West Virginia hills with nice views at times of the lake and occasional wild life.

Fun trail, clearly marked, pretty easy, great hike to take the dogs!

Friday, April 14, 2017

nice trail

Saturday, February 18, 2017

beautiful trail

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Excellent local trail. I recommend going when it's snowing.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Well marked and traveled loop trail in Beech Fork State park. Good amount of yellow reflectors or painted dots on the trees. Saw quite a few small deer. Nice views of the lakes from the top as well as while walking alongside them. May not get much of a view during the summer. We hiked in November after most of the leaves had fallen. Took our dog and he loved every second of it. Good amount of up and down and felt like a moderate workout.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

We did this trail yesterday and we loved it, so did our pups...the perfect amount of ups and downs to be a good workout.

Monday, October 31, 2016

A ton of fun
Great for beginners
Out and back 6.5 miles

Friday, October 07, 2016

Great scenery and walk.....a little challenging for novice, but can be done in 60 mins with a good pace

Monday, September 05, 2016

Challenging but good workout!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Great trail! Good workout on the hills. The trail itself was a little muddy, but well marked. The whole thing is shaded. Good spots to stop and take a water break. No creek or lake to cool off in, though. I'd do it again!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

A little muddy, but my friends and I, along with our dogs, had a blast. There are yellow diamonds nailed to trees periodically throughout the trail to help guide you.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

It was long! But beautiful. Loved it.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I go hiking here quite often with my dog, and love it.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Pretty snazzy trail, lots of other trails branching off from this one. Plan on taking a bike next trip..

Friday, July 10, 2015

Takes about 5 hours to do the mary Davis trail.

Friday, November 14, 2014

This trail provides a nice little work-out. The first time I went, I stayed on the Lost Trail for the entire hike. The second time I went, I decided to follow the fork to the Mary Davis Trail around the lake. That turned into quite an experience, as I had no idea the Mary Davis Trail was so long and not as clearly marked as the Lost Trail. It was mid-late October, so the narrow trail was heavily covered by leaves. As the trail became harder and harder to see, I finally decided to turn around and go back. I spent about four hours hiking that day. I wouldn't mind hiking from the Lost Trail onto the Mary Davis Trail around the lake again, as that part was beautiful, but next time I will probably just turn around once the trail veers off from the lake.

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Good hike, most of it was pretty well marked and taken care of. It's actually only about 2.5 mile loop not 5 like stated, there is another trail the Mary Davis trail that this is part that is around 5 miles.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I hiked the Lost Trail loop and part of the Mary Davis trail today. I really enjoyed the mile along the lake, but beyond the lake, there isn't enough to see to make the steep climb back to the start really worth it. So I decided to hike part of the Mary Davis trail, to see where it might lead, and about 1.5 miles or so into it, the path forks and the blaze color changes. Without a map (Mary Davis is not fully marked on the brochure map) I decided to head back to where the it forks from the Lost Trail. Got in almost 6 miles, not bad, just wish there was more to see.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Trail needs a little maintenance, but overall a good hike. It is marked, but so are some side trails with the same color paint, so it was confusing at times which way to go.

Friday, May 04, 2012

Good trail. Real close to my home so I have hiked it a few times. Well maintained, marked well, I love it. I hike it about 3-4 times a month.

Thursday, December 22, 2011