Long Point Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Fayetteville, West Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this is a great trail. my wife and I did this trail and thought it was kind of boring at first but the end results are breathtaking. i would recommend hiking boots, there are some ankle eaters along this trail.

Great trail.

Spot on for the rating of moderate, it’s a good hike !!! The scenery, views and photo ops are simply superb. One of my favorite trails in WV. ❤️

great view

this was an easy trail. nice view of the bridge from the rock you can stand on. great hike

The view was great from this trail. Not hard at all only a few uphills at the end. For good light if taking photos, recommend earlier morning, before noon. I was there between 5pm and 7pm and could get very good light for photos. We at lunch at the Cathedral Cafe and it was really good. Even from the Visitor center over looks, photos are best before noon. "Take a Hike to see at Site". I love hiking to see a wonderful view. ENJOY

Nice trail with a very rewarding view at the end. We had alot of traffic but I imagine it's because bridge day is coming up. Gets a little rocky at one point so watch your step.

A very nice view of the bridge and gorge! Logged 3.4 mile roundtrip from the Kaymoor Top parking lot. Trail was muddy in a few spots and the creek crossing was easy to cross. Note: the main parking lot for this trail is temporarily closed while they do improvements!

This trail is well traveled. They have been working on this trail and Improvements are in the final completion stage. It has a great view of the New River Gorge and Bridge at the end on a big rock outcropping.

My favorite hike!!! I moved away 10 years ago but when I visit home I always try to make this hike. The views are gorgeous.

it has a very great view at the end. The trail is well shaded.

Good trail, great views!

Great trail but it is not located in Babcock State Park as listed. It is in the New River Gorge National River Park NOT Babcock State Park near Clifftop WV. Please make this correction in the Trail description as it creates confusion and hikers are traveling 20+ miles out of the way to the wrong location to access this trail. It is located near Fayetteville WV where you can view the New River Gorge Bridge not at Babcock State Park. Really great trail but it is listed in the wrong location.

Great view of bridge. Wide trail, Easy walk for littles.

This trail is amazing! The view is gorgeous and it is an easy hike - perfect for an afternoon hike.

I’ve walked this trail a lot, and it doesn’t disappoint. It’s an easy hike to a gorgeous view, and it’s never super crowded along the trail.

Seriously. The view is incredible.

Also, they’ve been renovating the trail for the last year or so, so it’s even easier.

Just a fun, quick hike.

Have done this trail several times. Lots of very beautiful views. Easy walking hardly break a sweat

Did this trail yesterday. We started at timber Ridge Trail because they were doing some work at beginning of Long Point. So glad we did. Taking the longer route it ended up being about 5 miles in all but the view at the end of Long Point made it all worthwhile. The view was breathtaking! We did take the Longview trail out since it was later in the day otherwise it would have been much longer. So glad we did not miss this one.

I love this trail! Perfect for anyone who wants to see what our great state offers!!

Great hike for families. We did it with our 5-month old and it was perfect. Tip: turn left when you see the “no bikes” sign.

Very well maintained trail with an excellent view of the bridge at the end. Great parking too. Many other hikers there.

One of my absolute favorites!! Beautiful views!

Nice view if the gorge, lots of hikers on a Sunday morning.

Great view! Not a super hard hike but has some challenges at the end.

This is a great trail that is well maintained. It doesn’t get difficult until the last .20 miles but what a payoff at the end. Panoramic views of the bridge, river, and surrounding mountains - one that featured a waterfall on my hike today. Nice flat rocks to sit on and take it all in. It was a bit crowded so maybe go early in the day.
Right around the corner from the trailhead we found a great spot for lunch at the Arrowhead Bike Farm Biergarten.

Pretty easy hike with a great view of the New River Gorge Bridge. Not crowed either!

Easy walk with panoramic views of the bridge and the river at the end.

Our absolute favorite hike! It doesn't take too long to do and it's a fairly easy trail. Most of the more Moderate parts are towards the end. If you are in the area this trail is a must do!! We have been on this trail countless time, including a few bridge days! The view is stunning! Please remember to keep your dogs on a leash. We have encountered a few dogs who were not on leash, and our dog generally doesn't like other pups.

Great trail to just hike and enjoy the day. The view at the end is definitely worth the short hike. I’ve hiked it more times than I can count and look forward to going back.

Great trail with amazing views at the end!