Long Point Trail

Long Point Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fayetteville, West Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this trail! Perfect for anyone who wants to see what our great state offers!!

Great hike for families. We did it with our 5-month old and it was perfect. Tip: turn left when you see the “no bikes” sign.

Very well maintained trail with an excellent view of the bridge at the end. Great parking too. Many other hikers there.

One of my absolute favorites!! Beautiful views!

Nice view if the gorge, lots of hikers on a Sunday morning.

Great view! Not a super hard hike but has some challenges at the end.

This is a great trail that is well maintained. It doesn’t get difficult until the last .20 miles but what a payoff at the end. Panoramic views of the bridge, river, and surrounding mountains - one that featured a waterfall on my hike today. Nice flat rocks to sit on and take it all in. It was a bit crowded so maybe go early in the day.
Right around the corner from the trailhead we found a great spot for lunch at the Arrowhead Bike Farm Biergarten.

Pretty easy hike with a great view of the New River Gorge Bridge. Not crowed either!

Easy walk with panoramic views of the bridge and the river at the end.

Our absolute favorite hike! It doesn't take too long to do and it's a fairly easy trail. Most of the more Moderate parts are towards the end. If you are in the area this trail is a must do!! We have been on this trail countless time, including a few bridge days! The view is stunning! Please remember to keep your dogs on a leash. We have encountered a few dogs who were not on leash, and our dog generally doesn't like other pups.

Great trail to just hike and enjoy the day. The view at the end is definitely worth the short hike. I’ve hiked it more times than I can count and look forward to going back.

Great trail with amazing views at the end!

Beautiful from start to finish and the park is always improving it. The views are something you'll wanna keep going back to see. The one and only downfall is it can get crowded sometimes so go on a work day and an odd time and you will get to enjoy it alot more

Beautiful very worth the short hike the end is beautiful

Went here twice in the last couple months. It’s a great trail even in the snow (I thought it actually added a beautiful charm). Worth driving out to. Beautiful view at the end with a nice flat overlook spot so we brought some sandwiches and had a picnic.

Hiked it last weekend great trail with a even better view at the end

good easy walk awesome views

Great trail

Excellent view of the bridge at the end. Went on a rainy day and still had very little trouble on this trail. Excellent for a day hike.

I would rate the trail as mostly easy and just a couple areas of tree roots and some stationary rocks which made it a little uneven. I took my dogs along for the hike and it was very pleasant and enjoyable and the view was definitely worth it at the end. I would recommend it. And I would also go back for a quick trek. I would also say it's suitable for all age ranges.

Great hike ! The view is amazing ! If your new to the trail and want to see the view stay to the left on the splits ... all trails will lead back around but if your looking for a on and out then stay to the left !

Nice hike amazing reward with views !

Trail was nice, the view is amazing. There was a bit of trash from fellow hikers which was a bit disappointing.

Well worth the easy walk to see that view! Well maintained path, easy for the most part, but has a few hills that will get your heart rate up!

Great hike had plenty of wildlife no bear

This trail is listed as Babcock, it's near Fayetteville.

The hike to the overlook didn't have anything cool to see along the path but when you get to the overlook to see the bridge it was worth the hike to that sight. breathtaking views at the overlook point.

Nice trail, friendly people, nice view!

great views at the end, but the trail down and back is only 3.1.