Kaymoor Trail

Kaymoor Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fayetteville, West Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

A steep hike down to the old kaymore mine. Then once at the mines you will follow an old mine rail trail through various views, waterfalls and cliffs. Be prepared for the walk back!

Hard hike back up the mountain, but really cool stuff at the bottom. It was worth it for me. The views from the top are wonderfully amazing though.

Definitely a challenge. We went on a rainy day and there are several places where you must step down rocks. The rain made the rocks a little slippery in some places, so make sure you have good shoes! The trail had many visitors while we were there and it was not an ideal hiking day, so expect company on a nice weekend.

Short, but grueling hike.

The waterfall stop is really neat. There's a cool place to observe a cliff side near the waterfall which was beautiful. Once you get down the hill, you are lead to some historic things about mining and such which really take you back in time. Then, you descend quite A BIT of stairs. after the stairs, though, there isn't really much unless you kind of "make" your own path. We walked all the way down the mountain til we reaches railroad tracks. The hike back up the hill was a treacherous workout, but i would do it again simply for the waterfall.

Great trail. A little difficult. Definitely explore when you get to the bottom of the stairs. Gorgeous.

Loved this hike. Make sure you are in decent shape for the stairs or go slow.

**do not stop at the end of the trail, walk down the the river and enjoy lunch!**

love this trail, come in from the side for the whole family or for a more difficult challenge come in from the top

This was the very first Trail I ever hiked. It was much more than I had bargained for but it was amazing. Growing up only 30 minutes away from Fayetteville, I never knew any of this was so close by! All of the old historical coal mining equipment, buildings, & signs really do this coal miners daughter's heart good! However, the stairs are a nightmare but it's worth it! I wish I would have hiked earlier in my life because it's become my favorite hobby & there's no place I'd rather be than in the mountains exploring Wild & Wonderful, WV!

PS watch out for snakes! There were at least 3 that I know of that were seen the day we hiked it. & I spotted one for myself in the old buggy sitting outside of the coal mine (which you'll want to get up close to, because it's a natural air conditioner!)

strenuous hike back up from Kaymoor bottom.

Long way down, even longer back up. Not worth the trip all the way down the 800 steps.

Fun family hike, great views... Kids enjoyed stretching their legs on our way to NY from GA

Awesome!

Be ready for a workout with the steps!!! Nice history.

Challenging trail but the historical sotes are worth it