Johnson Hollow Trail

Johnson Hollow Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hernshaw, West Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 518 feet Route Type: Out & Back

trail was nice, we made a loop with the black bear mountain bike trail. The oy problem we had was the app stopped tracking our hike .6 miles in.

So my rating is partial to my time of year deciding to do this.... but I got probably half way there and turned around. The trail was super wet and muddy.... like feet 100% submerged. I am hoping to do this trail when it is less wet

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Decent hiking trail. Easy to moderate- it does go uphill in some parts. Not too difficult for kids, but it is narrow in some points. A few trees had fallen across the trail so we notified the office- not too difficult to climb over through. Small creek bed runs next to the trail- it was pretty dry when we went.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

This is a nice trail to combine with middle Ridge and Log Town for a loop. Some fallen trees that must be climbed around litter the lower section of this trail.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Nice walk. It switch backs up the hill. Moderately steep in spots as you climb. Good for hikes.

Thursday, May 04, 2017