Johnson Hollow Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hernshaw, West Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 518 feet Route Type: Out & Back

flooded

You can hike up the hallow and connect to the back of the forest and go just about anywhere. I come back down Middleridge Rd and it’s about 9.5 miles. You could easily extend this by riding Middleridge Trail which intersects the road in several places. If you can clean the ride up you gotta be a world class athlete. Goal set!

awesome pretty easy beautiful leaves and scenery enjoyed the birds chirping.went up Johnson trail, walked to to u can head left it take u middle ridge trail. but I kept straight got on service road maybe half mile is logtown trail very nice overall easy.

trail was nice, we made a loop with the black bear mountain bike trail. The oy problem we had was the app stopped tracking our hike .6 miles in.

Sat Jan 05 2019

So my rating is partial to my time of year deciding to do this.... but I got probably half way there and turned around. The trail was super wet and muddy.... like feet 100% submerged. I am hoping to do this trail when it is less wet

Thu Jul 12 2018

Decent hiking trail. Easy to moderate- it does go uphill in some parts. Not too difficult for kids, but it is narrow in some points. A few trees had fallen across the trail so we notified the office- not too difficult to climb over through. Small creek bed runs next to the trail- it was pretty dry when we went.

Tue Oct 11 2016

This is a nice trail to combine with middle Ridge and Log Town for a loop. Some fallen trees that must be climbed around litter the lower section of this trail.

Sat Apr 16 2016

Nice walk. It switch backs up the hill. Moderately steep in spots as you climb. Good for hikes.

Tue May 28 2019