Lumberjack Loop and High Meadows Trails

Lumberjack Loop and High Meadows Trails is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Riverton, West Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

High Meadows trail was nice but I wasn't nearly as impressed with the meadows as the ones coming up the Judy Springs Trail. Lumberjack was very muddy and it took us way more time than it should have. Both trails were also lined with stinging nettles.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

We took the Lumberjack trail from the Huckleberry trail. The trail was very muddy but the High Meadows trail and the campsite on Seneca trail were beautiful so it was worth hiking to get to it.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Attempted to hike. Nothing but mud. Would avoid hiking for a while.

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

I hiked this in conjunction with Lumberjack Trail. This trail is next to the creeks and is absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend it. (See my review of Lumberjack Trail along with pictures posted from both trails.)

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

I like to refer to this trail as the ankle breaker trail. I've hiked it twice: the fall of 2012 and the fall of 2013. It's about 5 miles until the first campsite. The scenery is truly beautiful, but the the trail itself is a pain. It is an old railroad car trail, which makes it very wide and lumpy. There are lots of rocks throughout the trail. You can easily twist an ankle. The trail is also extremely soupy. There are lots of little springs that run under the ground and it has some deep, muddy places. I recommend Gaitors or just plain tall rubber rain boots. But Seneca Rocks/Creek as a whole is quite beautiful and I do recommend it.