Grandview Rim Trail to Turkey Spur Rock is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver, West Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy to moderate hike with stunning river views. The most challenging part of the hike will be stairs bringing you up to the overlook.

Rocky and fun lots of beautiful spots to look out along the way

For this trail being my first solo adventure, I would definitely say this is an awesome hike and location. You have several places to see the awesome view so if you want to stop and turn around, you can. I probably would rate it as a moderate, not easy, level trail because there are some treacherous drop offs and I definitely didn’t want to look down especially on my way back and I wouldn’t want to bring my dog either. A lot of it is along side the road so you can cheat if you want (I didn’t) but I saw a lot of people that were so that is kind of lame. Oh and there was a very large tree blocking the path but it’s super easy to get around it. Cheers

This was an awesome trail! It wasn’t very long, so I was able to do it before my other plans later that afternoon. Many gorgeous views along the way to stop at and take pictures. Easy hike overall, as another reviewer said, the toughest part is the stairs, but overall not bad at all.

One confusing area was I got to the road and thought I had made a wrong turn so I went back and then realized I hadn’t. I just needed to go a bit further and the trail does follow the road down to Turkey Spur Rock.

The only reason 4 stars and not 5 is because there are other trails I enjoy more, but I will definitely be going on this trail again.

Easy hike. The best views you can just drive to them. Not challenging or satisfying

Relatively easy trail with a fair amount of vistas showing the Gorge the whole way. Take the road on the way back for a beautiful pine tree tunnel!

Beautiful views along the trail and the only strenuous part seemed to be the stairs. Great rocks on the way as well even though someone wrote "Bong Rip Cove" on one of them

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

We did Castle Rock to Grandview and back. Castle Rock was challenging. Grandview was nice with some amazing views.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Grandview is a hidden gem on the New River Gorge, up river from the bridge but well worth the short drive to get there. the park is well-maintained and the trails are smooth and wide. Park by the Visitor's Center and take in the nearby overlook for a great panorama of the gorge. Then head north along the Turkey Spur trail that will take you to another great observation deck with views in several directions. About half way to Turkey Spur there will be gorge overlooks where you can see an oxbow loop around Backus Mountain or War Ridge across the gorge. I was quite impressed with this park, the trail network, and the overlooks.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Gorgeous hike! We were a little too early for the rhododendrons, but we have every intention of going back when they're in bloom!

Thursday, December 29, 2016

At the beginning of the trail, there are two options. If you take the lower trail, just below the rim (marked #4 on the official trail maps), you are rewarded with a spectacular, rugged, difficult (but short, ~0.4 mile) hike that then joins with the main trail (#5) on top of the rim. Or you can take the #5 trail the whole way. Most of #5 trail is easy walking in very pleasant woods and rhododendrons. The views are truly spectacular. Great hike.

recorded Grandview Rim Trail