Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek

Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek is a 12 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver, West Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,394 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Good day hike with great views!!!

Good day hike with some nice swimming holes and water falls . Just runs along the river so nothing super exciting on the trail but access to the river is awesome.

Great waterfall 5 miles up. pretty Rocky and can get muddy. water proof ankle high shoes suggested if wet. poles are handy for wading through the swampy bits. mosquitoes are around but weren't crazy with bug spray. plenty of great views and the incline is very gradual. primitive campsites found along the trail. You could make this a multi-day trip by following trails at the end of this one.

The Glade Creek trail can only be the first leg of the trip. The trail feeds into 2 other trails not on this map. If you look at my trek, you can see it goes further. That being said. It’s a bit harder. But worth the extra effort. It can be a 3 day trip no problem. Glade Creek I seen several people, but on the other 2 I didn’t see a soul. So if that’s what you’re looking for try it. (That’s what I wanted).

The camping location we used is definitely the best group spot on the trail, lots of single site locations too. Doesn't seem to see a lot of overnight camping, only negative is the campsites are really close to the trail.

Love this trail, it's so beautiful! It's all along the creek though so be prepared for bugs.

Sun Nov 18 2018

Awesome!!! Definitely not “HARD” moderate at best in spots. Fanfreakintastic views of the creak the whole way. Definitely dog friendly, just please leash your dogs.

Sat Oct 20 2018

Great trail along a beautiful stream

Sat Oct 20 2018

Did as a day hike for bridge day weekend .. Great views for stream the whole way .. want to do a overnight hiking n fishing trip now

Mon Oct 08 2018

Nice trail, I logged 11.6 roundtrip miles starting from the trailhead near I-64 and hiking all the way to the waters edge of the New River, this mileage included the spur trail to Kate's Falls. There were a few trees down but not hard to get around or over. The trail was also a little muddy and slippery but nothing extreme! Met a few other hikers on the trail and enjoyed stopping and chatting with them for a few minutes. The rating for this trail is no where near hard. The trail is fairly level with a slight grade with a few places where you climb up and over rock outcroppings, but again, nothing extreme. The rating on this trail needs to be changed to moderate but it would be a very low moderate, I will see what I can do to edit the rating. Happy trails fellow hikers!

Sun Sep 16 2018

Wow. This is a beautiful trail. Did the full out and back and it was a treat. Following the Glade Creek the full way provide ample opportunity to go swimming or to sit back and listen to the water. What a great hike!

Sat Aug 26 2017

I loved the scenery

Wed Jun 28 2017

where is the trailhead on the new river side?

Sat Jun 10 2017

Excellent trail! Wouldn't rate it as hard though.

Wed May 17 2017

The water was so high today, you could barley tell there was a falls there, but it was still beautiful and we still got in at one of the lower parts, this trail is my favorite and it's absolutely beautiful

Sun May 14 2017

This is where my husband proposed to me at

Sun Feb 26 2017

This is a great trail with many scenic views of the creek. Out and back is closer to 11.2 miles, and the elevation incline is mostly very gentle. There is a section of trail washed away and it requires you to walk in some water to get across. This is no problem as long as your shoes are waterproof.

Sun Feb 12 2017

Ran this trail today. Tree was down on the road to the trailhead so had about an extra mile run to the trail. We win this a few times of year. Great for an out and back run. Great views.

Sat Dec 31 2016

We went about halfway up from the New River trailhead. Lovely. Almost all the way was easy walking on what appears to be an old logging road along the "creek". Wet in places. You can hear and see the creek the whole time. Lovely steel bridge 2.5-3 miles up from the New River end.

Mon Nov 07 2016

Amazing scenery. I turned around about half way up but I did get to see a lot of beautiful waterfalls and stone formations.

Mon Nov 07 2016

Beautiful. I do not give many five stars, but this could be a six star. I wish I had read the reviews firs because it was muddy in a couple places. The waterfalls were beautiful.

Sun Nov 06 2016

One of our favorites in the area. Very pretty hike, not too strenuous.

Mon Jul 04 2016

This is my all time favorite trail. My fiance and I have done it a couple of times. We start at the New River end and go up to Kate's Falls before we turn around. Glade Creek is beautiful the entire way. It's not a very difficult trail, but there are some parts that are usually quite muddy, so bring some good waterproof shoes/boots.

Tue Apr 19 2016

Loved the trail. Scenic, multiple waterfalls. Too cold to take advantage of the multiple swimming holes available (one with a rope swing), but summer is coming. If you don't arrange two cars, the out and back is a solid 12+ miles with detours. Lower trailer on New River end, more scenic, with higher concentration of waterfalls. Trail can be muddy, it hasn't rained in weeks but runoff made me wish I had boots.

Wed Mar 19 2014

Great trail with wonderful views. Nice waterfall near the lower (New River) end.