Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek

Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek is a 12 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver, West Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

old growth

I loved the scenery

where is the trailhead on the new river side?

Excellent trail! Wouldn't rate it as hard though.

The water was so high today, you could barley tell there was a falls there, but it was still beautiful and we still got in at one of the lower parts, this trail is my favorite and it's absolutely beautiful

This is where my husband proposed to me at

Sunday, February 26, 2017

This is a great trail with many scenic views of the creek. Out and back is closer to 11.2 miles, and the elevation incline is mostly very gentle. There is a section of trail washed away and it requires you to walk in some water to get across. This is no problem as long as your shoes are waterproof.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ran this trail today. Tree was down on the road to the trailhead so had about an extra mile run to the trail. We win this a few times of year. Great for an out and back run. Great views.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

We went about halfway up from the New River trailhead. Lovely. Almost all the way was easy walking on what appears to be an old logging road along the "creek". Wet in places. You can hear and see the creek the whole time. Lovely steel bridge 2.5-3 miles up from the New River end.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Amazing scenery. I turned around about half way up but I did get to see a lot of beautiful waterfalls and stone formations.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Beautiful. I do not give many five stars, but this could be a six star. I wish I had read the reviews firs because it was muddy in a couple places. The waterfalls were beautiful.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

One of our favorites in the area. Very pretty hike, not too strenuous.

Monday, July 04, 2016

This is my all time favorite trail. My fiance and I have done it a couple of times. We start at the New River end and go up to Kate's Falls before we turn around. Glade Creek is beautiful the entire way. It's not a very difficult trail, but there are some parts that are usually quite muddy, so bring some good waterproof shoes/boots.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Loved the trail. Scenic, multiple waterfalls. Too cold to take advantage of the multiple swimming holes available (one with a rope swing), but summer is coming. If you don't arrange two cars, the out and back is a solid 12+ miles with detours. Lower trailer on New River end, more scenic, with higher concentration of waterfalls. Trail can be muddy, it hasn't rained in weeks but runoff made me wish I had boots.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Great trail with wonderful views. Nice waterfall near the lower (New River) end.

Sunday, March 12, 2017