Endless Wall

Endless Wall is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lansing, West Virginia that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and rock climbing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Awesome except for the last 1/4 mile on the road.

Absolutely stunning. I almost feel like botanical artists come in and plant picturesque foliage around, it just looks so surreal. I can’t even imagine how it might look once autumn has fully taken over. There was a high volume of traffic though.

Stunning views. Hiked on a v hot day, but almost all of walk is under canopy, with many short but optional access spurs to rock cliffs that overlook the Gorge. Can be hiked as an out and back, or a loop if you use a short hitch on the road. A great easy hike. Finished the day with a wonderful meal at nearby Adventures on the Gorge.

Amazing view!!! Fairly easy hike, to find the permanent ladders to the rock wall you have to be on the Nuttall side of the trail.

The only problem I have with this trail is you have to walk the road for a little bit

Very well maintained and beautiful trail. I am a beginner level hiker and this trail was perfect for me. It had been raining the day before so there were some slick rocks and muddy spots but even then it wasn’t very tough at all. Still definitely felt like I got some good exercise without struggling to much. Overlooks were breathtaking. Parking at Fern Creek meant the partial road walk back to the car was downhill.

Beautiful hike. I highly recommend going down the metal ladders to the rock climbing access area. You can hike along the bottom of the endless wall and meet/watch climbers. Lots of great views from the cliffs when you climb back to the top. This is a fun/adventurous trail for all skill levels.

Absolutely beautiful views

Awesome trail with ladder access to climb down and explore other trails! Sights are incredible! Check it out!

I love this trail. It’s my favorite in the area. It’s well maintained. The views of the Gorge are wonderful. We’ve had a lot of rain so it’s pretty sloppy right now though.

Amazing views and an easy trail. Well worth it. If you’re feeling adventurous there are ladders bolted into the rock face you climb down. Highly recommend.

Such beautiful views! It was a pretty easy hike with really cool ladder climbs. Totally worth your time, you won't be disappointed.

Do yourself a favor and check this trail out. The overlooks of the New River Gorge are fabulous. It’s not a difficult hike at all. There are a couple places with ladders bolted into the cliff face (optional) that are gnarly and a ton of fun!

A classic in this area year round. During colder months, you can see the old mining towns across the gorge. And of course it’s lovely during the summer. Easy if you’re in shape.

TIP: This isn’t a true “loop.” The lower and upper parking lots are probably about a quarter of a mile apart with no where to walk but the road. I try to park at the lower lot so that I can walk downhill at the end.

Amazing hike! Easy climb and amazing views! We could spot some of the rafters down on the gorge.

My husband and I hiked this trail this past weekend and really had a great time!! It was a wonderful scenic trail! Do be careful of the cliffs though especially if u are hiking with kids!!!
The only downside was that when we finished our hike we found that our car had been towed!! The trailhead parking lot was full when we arrived so we did what others had done and parked on the side of the road. There were not any signs indicating No Parking so we had no reason to believe it would b a problem. Multiple cars were towed that day. Imagine coming out of the woods and not knowing where your car is!!! What a shame to treat visitors this way!!!
Julie Bartram

Great moderate trail with great views and you might even get to watch some rock climbers doing their thing. Cliff views. Hang on to your little hikers. This is a must do hike. I believe you can make a loop out of this hike.

Loved this trail!

Good for a couple hours out of the house. Always beautiful scenery. Best in the winter with snow on

Easy hike, epic views!

Great easy hike with rewarding payoff at the overlook.

I'm new to hiking and this was amazing and not super difficult the views were AMAZING! Worth the bit of huffing and puffing with the incline but it was not an extreme incline and lots of beautiful areas to stop and catch your breath

Excellent trail. Multiple overlooks into the New River Gorge with views that are breathtaking. It states it is a 2.2 mile loop. However, to really enjoy the view you will need to venture off the main trail multiple times. There are two places to park, one at each trail head. You will have to walk the road either at the beginning or end. Total hiking distance was 4.0 miles. There are also several places for climbing. We hiked this as a family with a 14, 9 and 6 year old and there was something for everyone. Allow 2 1/2 to 3 hours to enjoy this trail.

Make sure you take the little path to Diamond Point Overlook!! That is the big overlook with amazing views. Though all along this trail there’s a few little places to look over the gorge. Pretty light hike and nicely shaded.

well maintained and stunning views

breathtaking views!

One of my faves!

Went Wednesday, 06/06. It was amazing. Can't wait to go back in the fall. The hike was very easy.

Awesome panoramic views. Be sure to take the small trails off the main trail to see different views. We carried our 1 year old in a backpack and our 7 week old with ease. Loved this hike

Beautiful views, stomach dropping overlooks, gorgeous walk through the woods. I would definitely walk this again.