Canyon Rim Trail

Canyon Rim Trail is a 6.5 mile loop trail located near Hambleton, West Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Crossing the creek was interesting. The water was a little high so I had to take a minute to get up the nerve to make the jump across very slippery rocks. Not much to see along the trail but a good workout. I didn’t encounter any wildlife until I hit Olsen Tower Rd on the way back to my car. A bear running up over the hillside to the road gave me a pretty good scare. Also a few deer crossing the road.

Great trail! Be careful of the wildlife...saw bear and wolf tracks this past Saturday.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

I also tried this in August and was stopped just 10 minutes in due to a rattlesnake.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

If you are coming down Forest Road 717, look for a sign that says Allegheny Trail. Someone has helpfully carved Canyon Rim underneath it, but it's hard to see from the road. Nice hike, elevation changes were not too difficult. We did encounter two rattlesnakes sunning on the trail. One stopped us from completing the trail.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Easy to follow trail with some great views. Out and back to the stream with the natural rock bridge was great fun for the family!

recorded canyon rim out/back