Bluestone River Trail is a 18.3 mile out and back trail located near Nimitz, West Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is best used from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did this hike to Pipestem State Park. By the time you are about 8 miles in you are ready to be at Pipestem. Though I have never done it down and back, I did hike this hike about 4 times this year. Definitely easier to walk from Pipestem to Blueston. It's all downhill. Will surely try to do a down and back.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Trail was full of scenery and wild life! Very muddy in spots and full of spiderwebs, but both are expected for the summer season

Friday, November 11, 2016

This was an easy but pleasant trail

Friday, November 11, 2016

Nice scenery most of the way.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cabin camping. The cabin was 2-bedroom with all the comforts of home. We were usually out hiking someplace during the day, but it was nice to come back to a comfortable bed each night. Yes, I know. It's not really camping, but we did our time in tents, and now that we're older, we deserve this. The mountains are gorgeous, and the trails were great. And the park is comparable to the Virginia state parks have been visiting over the last 35 years.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

This area is beautiful along the water! Very secluded location, and not many people out exploring this area when I was there.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

great trail!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Easy to moderate trail with plenty of scenery.

Monday, September 18, 2017