Blackwater River Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Davis, West Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until November.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 39 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: As of March 2020, Cannan Valley State Park's facilities, campsites, lodges and other amenities are CLOSED due to COVID-19. Day use areas will remain open for the public.

Beautiful little hike. Very easy and very peaceful.

icy

Perfect hike. Watch for the beaver dam —pretty cool!

I forgot my hiking shoes, but made this loop trail with relative ease just in my sneakers. It’s among the trees the whole way , but provides nice views of the river. It was not muddy the day we were there. Very pretty little hike

This is a pretty short loop trail starting near a golf course. I thought with the description there would be more of a river walk but only a small section follows the river. Mostly it’s an easy walk through the woods nothing too special. There was one viewpoint at the river that I found charming and photogenic. I’d walk it again if I lived nearby but since I don’t live close won’t go out of my way to go back . If you fish I would definitely fish there as it seems to be a peaceful place with good sized fish. In fact we past a few people fishing here and one had a rather huge fish they just caught.

Nice and easy walking

Easy path with tremendous views.

Fri Sep 30 2016