Big Springs Gap Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hendricks, West Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.3 miles Elevation Gain: 859 feet Route Type: Out & Back

parking for about 6 cars

Great trail, but be prepared to cross Otter Creek. we had to turn back because it was too high and swift to cross with my dogs. We enjoyed walking along the creek instead.

It was a beautiful hike, bugs were very bad and the beginning of the trail was very overgrown with nettles. There was one deep creek crossing, but the rest was so nice.

Thu Dec 20 2018

My wife and I have vacationed there and hiked the whole trail. Otter Creek is a beautiful place for a couple to camp and get away or a great place for the whole family.

Mon Sep 25 2017

This is a beautiful hike along Otter Creek. We started at the swinging bridge near Rt 72 parking area and hiked upstream for a couple of miles. The trail follows an old logging road grade and is fairly easy. There are plenty of spots to stop for a swim or wading in the creek.

Wed Aug 08 2018