Bear Rocks Trail to Raven Ridge Trail and Dobbin Grade Trail

Bear Rocks Trail to Raven Ridge Trail and Dobbin Grade Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cabins, West Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

it was a great place. i helped a dude with a hurt foot up a ravine to where his wife was standing by to get him to a hospital.

no but seriously, plan your approach. my gps took me to a three mile stretch of a road that came straight out of a b-rated horror movie.

submitted a couple photos of the road listed.

dolly sods is my favorite place to camp and hike so many cool trails and so great geo cashes

Great hiking and encountered very few people on the trail. Soggy in places, but fortunately most was frozen when we went through. Two river crossings-- first we were able to use rocks to cross, current was quick. second crossing was about a foot deep with no bridge or rocks.

GPS directions from this app dumped us in the middle of the town of Petersburg. By the time we found out where the trails started it was too late.

Favorite spot to take my boys for hiking and backpacking!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

best backpacking in the region.

Monday, June 06, 2016