Alum Creek and Cave Trail

Alum Creek and Cave Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Volga, West Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

My wife, four children and I all enjoy hiking this trail. The river is beautiful and the surrounding scenery is spectacular! We have hiked it several times. Fun to swim in the river too.

Absolutely beautiful. Ran through tunnels of rhododendrons with beautiful river roaring ever-present

Good trail!! Really enjoyed hiking it and would recommend it to anyone.

Went around the cave trail which is a loop (started on upper cave trail and ended in the lower trail). Overall it was an absolutely beautiful trail. You can swim in the river which is really clear and nice. I recommend bringing water shoes, a bathing suit, and also try the hike. The total loop took me about 2 hours and I was going slow.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Monday, November 09, 2015

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Very accessible and easy. I especially enjoy Audra in winter when enormous icicles have formed.

scenic driving
Monday, December 02, 2013

Audra is beautiful, and the park has a wonderful campground. The park ranger was very accommodating and helpful. The river has nice, flat rock beds to swim in. Definitely recommend visiting!