Young Hill Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Friday Harbor, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We took the main trail part of the way up, then veered off on a secondary trail that was pretty steep. When we reached the top the views were spectacular of Garrett Bay and distant Canadian islands. We took the main trail on the return and it was well graded and wide for an easy descent. This included a spur trail for a side trip to the military cemetery. Mostly the deaths were due to drowning or unknown causes. We also went to the Visitor Center for some great insight on the history of the area.

Great trail from the English camp. Perfect for terrific views of SJI and into Canada.

Nice payoff for a shorter hike - 180 vantage point at top.

Very easy and quick hike for an outstanding view! A highlight of our trip!

having grown-up on SJI this short hike was a part of my child-hood, youth and now I love taking my kids up there and boring them about how "when I was your age my mom would snap a photo of me on that very same madrona tree" -- the good memories this place resurrects match the peacefulness of the setting -- looking west out over the straights, over the southern tip of Vancouver island -- or, make the trip up before sunset and watch the big orange ball plunge into the sea -- then have fun finding your way down the trail beneath the towering fir -- always a good fun walk

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Great views!

Monday, July 24, 2017

great 1mi hike. pretty much straight up and straight down. there is a lookout most the way up which is great but don't forget to continue to the top.

Monday, May 15, 2017

The views at the top are beautiful. It's a steady incline with some switchbacks. Lush, wild flowers beginning when we were there early May. Even with a drizzle and overcast day, it was well worth the hike.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

The description says Stuart island. it is actually on San Juan island. I've done it probably 30 times and it never fails to impress. Several side trails if you like around.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Love, love, love this trail!!! The madrone trees are gorgeous and the view from the top is unbeatable! So beautiful!! I would do this over and over again if I lived nearby!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

An easy trail with incredible views at the top! Stop at the first view point, but make sure you continue to the top for even better views.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Great trail, moderate but well worth the hike to the top where you get great views.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A fairly steep but short hike with a rewarding view at the top. ~600ft over 0.7 miles. Very good path all the way up. Either park at the car park at the English Camp or on the main road immediately north of the entrance to the English Camp.

Sunday, July 23, 2017