Woodard Bay Natural Resources Conservation Area Loop Trail

Woodard Bay Natural Resources Conservation Area Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Olympia, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September.

wheelchair friendly

sea kayaking

beach

Lots of Maples leaves on the trail made it a beautiful and colorful walk. Saw two bald eagles.

Very nice trail. I recommend taking a minute to read some of the educational signs by the picnic area, it was really interesting.

The trail we wanted to use was closed until 15 Sept 2017. Make sure you confirm the trail is open.

Had a really good time with my kids ages 6, 11 and 18 it was easy and paths were well maintained. Got to see seals, birds, chipmunks, snakes and caterpillars. It wasn't very busy at all. The bathroom was gross but had a really nice picnic area. We went pretty slow because it's pretty hot outside but everything is shaded except the beach and viewpoint area.

I absolutely loved this trail, it was a nice cool easy walk through beautiful woods, so peaceful and quiet, then when you come out of the loop and walk a bit more you come to an awesome area where there used to be railroad tracks, and log booms covered with seals, and birds and wildlife everywhere . This is a really neat area, we definitely be back. We did the loop then to the nature area and then back on the loop to parking area, was about 3.5 miles.

We had a wonderful ti.e in this hike with our two boys. They had an amazing time, especially at the water.

Easy trail for the kids. Not very many viewing spots from the trail, but got to see tons of stuff at the end of the road. No seals today however. Overall a great afternoon family hike.

caught a few shots of some pretty flowers and wasn't hard of a hike at all! few spots to see the bay but not many, definitely a pretty trail but can't say it's my favorite.

Easy and well maintained. Very beautiful and quiet.

Average hike - easy to find and trailhead was well marked. Trail was in good condition and very flat. Going out on the left - trail was 4 star - nice and peaceful. However coming back was on a paved road with very little to see.

beautiful short hike

My wife and I visited for the first time and really enjoyed it. It was an easy trail to walk. The bay view at the end of the trail was great and there were nice benches to relax and enjoy the view from. We saw dozens of harbor seals basking on the old pier platforms. We also saw a pair of eagles, a ton of blue herons, and a coupe of deer. Overall it was a great place to visit.

The sign in the parking lot had a map and brief description of the area and trails. I hiked the 1.5 mile forest loop trail that consist of boardwalks, stairs, and ground. It is well maintained. Looking out at the Puget Sound from the Woodard Bay peninsula was my highlight. It was very peaceful. Numerous waterfowl and a couple harbor seals seemed to be the only things moving. I walked back 3/4 mile on Whitham Road to the parking lot. This road is blocked off to vehicular traffic and is ideal for strollers, wheelchairs, and anyone who doesn't want to walk in the woods but likes nature. I then drove across the bridge to the Chehalis Western Trail parking lot. Overlook Trail is a 1 mile crushed rock that starts at this parking lot and ends "overlooking" Woodard Bay. Not much more to it today. It was simply nice to be outside in the sunshine. I plan on a return trip this summer when the seals are birthing on the beaches of this conservation area.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Took the whole loop with 3 yr old grandson he loved it! So did we

Friday, October 21, 2016

Awesome display of west coast forest on mostly flat terrain.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

It is a beautiful place that shares a not so beautiful past and how nature prevails....

Monday, September 19, 2016

Beautiful on a sunny day

Friday, September 09, 2016

A bit challenging for an out of shape, forgets she has asthma, chick. But beautiful and worth the stops to catch my breath.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

What a great way to start the day! We took the loop trail out and then walked to see the view. The trail is well taken care of! The viewpoint is a great place to sip coffee and take a deep breath! We walked back on the paved road. We will definitely be back!

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Nice area. Good variety between the hard road and option to take the 1.5 mile trail through the woods. Good view of the bay and nice wild life