Wonderland Trail to Panhandle Gap

Wonderland Trail to Panhandle Gap is a 11.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Packwood, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October.

Directions from White River Entrance: Drive westward on White River Road 3 miles to a parking area near the Fryingpan Creek bridge. The trailhead is across the road. Parking space is limited and fills early on sunny summer days. Have an alternate hike in mind in case parking space is not available.

Totally worth the steep hike. The views were phenomenal, with a gorgeous field of wildflowers at summer-land and goats and snowy peaks at panhandle gap.

Good amount snow on the last bit on top, poles are extremely helpful. There were a few people on the trail, mostly at the camp however we started earlier and had an overall 'quiet' hike. The view from the very top is worth the entire hike up. We started at 8:30 and it took as about 3.5 hours to the top. It was one of the best hikes I've done so far.

Prepare for decent amount of snow on this trail. Especially during the last part where all you see is snow. I hiked it without ski sticks which isn't something I'd recommend as there are a few dicey spots. Needless to say it's all worth it at the top with the majestic view of Mount Rainer.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Unbelievable hike up to Panhandle! One of the best day hikes I've ever done. So many different terrains.

Not 8 miles though. About 12.5mi round trip.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Such an amazing hike to breathtaking views! It's a must-do hike! Checking from other sources and my tracking, this is about 12 miles out-and-back, not 8 miles! Regardless, it's so amazing out there that you forget how far you've hiked! Going up to Panhandle Gap, there was a lot of snow so be prepared for an adventure. I went in late July and apparently it was too early for wildflowers at this elevation...

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Moderate to strenuous. Great trail, great views!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Friday, July 15, 2016

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Views were spectacular! Snowy as trail ascends, but well worth it!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

I just wanna know is that safe for me to go by myself in that trail? I never been there and I have no idea how it will be .

Wednesday, April 13, 2016