Windy Pass via the PCT

Windy Pass via the PCT is a 11.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Winthrop, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Friday, October 14, 2016

thru hiked the PCT 2016

Thursday, October 16, 2014

This was day 1 of my several day jaunt on the PCT. The hike is amazing. The drive is a monster! My blog (link below) has lots of pictures and a story. One thing I didn't mention is the weird hut thing you come across on the trail. We didn't make it all the way to it to find out what it was, but I later found out it's a yurt used by a company that does heli-skiing. I think they should sell snacks to thru hikers. :)

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fairly easy hike along the PCT to just below Tamarack Peak. Enjoyed an amazing sunset. Great views of the North Cascades almost the entire section of the trail. Worth a quick side trip up to the Slate Peak lookout area (walk or drive up the road). I accessed the PCT at the first turn in the road below the Buckskin Ridge trailhead. The Harts Pass road has one short narrow section that is a little intimidating but once you get past that it is in great shape.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

miles of easy ambling on the Cascade Crest, gentle ups and downs with constantly changing scenery...no, it doesn't get any better than this!!!