Wildcat Trail to Green Mountain

Wildcat Trail to Green Mountain is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bremerton, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful trail, great workout. You can get all the hill work you want or take the forest road for a more level run. Some very large puddles this time of year. Stop and enjoy the awesome views.

Love green mt and it's stunning views.

My first hike on this trail. Multi-purpose trail for hikers, bikers, horse and motorbike. Started on Sunday around 10AM, only a handful of other hikers seen during the whole route. Passed by 2 horses and a couple of mountain bikes. Motor bikes were pretty obnoxious but thankfully uncommon. Trail is extremely well marked so you would have to work pretty hard to get lost. Uneven trail with the usual transitions with roots and rock. Gradual climb entire route. Hiking boots and trekking poles will make for a better day. Of note, Wildcat trail ends and transitions to Vista Trail if you want to reach the vista of Green Mtn. Total distance on GPS for me was actually 8.8 miles. 3 stars due to rare scenic points and a dusty trail due to motor bike erosion. Still a good local hike for the legs. Remember to have your Discover Pass for the parking lot.

This is the first trail I've been on in Washington and it set the standard pretty high. When you're entering the parking lot at the trailhead you might want to stay left if you have a lower clearance on your car; there are some pretty deep ruts to the right. The whole trail is well maintained and shaded for almost the entire way. I ended up turning around at the Vista Trailhead; if you want to stay on Wildcat trail your turn around spot is at the summit where the trail follows the road (you'll know where). For my return to the Wildcat Trailhead I took Gold Creek to Beaver Pond to Wildcat to get a different view.

it's a long way up to the top. I wish I would have had a bike for the way down.

DISCOVERY PASS REQUIRED! I wasn't able to hike because I didn't have a pass. I will update my review when I'm able to check it out. Just wanted to let people know.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Loved this trail. I was there with my dog in January, so very little hiker traffic. But looks like it's a favorite local spot, for hikers and mountain bikers alike. Totally beautiful and a moderate/not difficult climb.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

I love this trail- good hike with lots of shade. I went during the week so it wasn't too busy. I will go again.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

The view is amazing at the top! The hike going up is very beautiful too. Mostly shady so it's great on a warm day. Bring water!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Great trail if you're looking for a hike through the forests, but not so much for vast scenic views. There is however, a pretty good spot to view Seattle from. While not a problem for the most part, be prepared to share the path with bikers and the occasional mound of horse leavings.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Decent hiking spot. Most of the trail is pretty heavily forested so if you're looking for views the entire time this isn't the one. There are several spots where the Seattle skyline can be seen from breaks in the trees. Lots vegetation along the trail and is there are some picturesque streams along the way. The trail was pretty crowded with hikers near the trailhead but fewer towards the end of the trail. Also saw a few mountain bikers and had to share the trail with some dirt bikes as well.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

This was my first hike in the state of Washington since I moved here. It's a good easy and beautiful trail.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Great trail!! I did this one with a group of friends, a lot tougher than we all thought but a great time, the view at the top is worth the hike! My little pup even joined us.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Nice trail. Once you to the top you can see Seattle from there.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

pretty easy climb, just a few muddy areas.good way to spend a Sunday, definitely will bring the dogs next time. kids had fun...And were wore out when we got home. A good way to end the weekend

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I've hiked some of the trails but have never written a review so this is my first. I think the trail is a nice leisure walk through some fine second growth hemlock and cedar trees. I walked the trail counter-clock wise and it does gradually climb but nothing real serious. I met a few bicyclist and a couple other hikers but there's enough trail for everybody, meaning there was a lot of time by myself to enjoy the peace and quiet of the forest. Coming down on the other side I got a good view of the top half of Mount Rainier and a little further on, I could see Seattle. Overall, its a nice easy walk. Make sure you have your 'Discovery Pass with you to park legally in the lot. I did not have mine and took the walk anyway and I got a ticket for $99 bucks. Ouch! Have fun everyone and be safe out there.

Thursday, May 01, 2014

I entered before the actual trail head and it was good for a while on bike but turned into a ton of technical uphill. Great for ORVs unless you walk most to the top then ride down. Lots of fun!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The frog song at the start of the trail was intoxicating. Unfortunately, the motor bike accompaniment killed the mood. It felt a little dicey sharing the trail with dirt bikes. Most of the riders were great, slowed down or stopped when we met on the trail, but it was nerve wracking to hear a bike but not see it around a corner. I liked the trail but probably won't use it much.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Not so bad. Good preparation for the legs to get some familiarization with a ruck.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Good trail for exercise and family. Nothing spectacular but good mild incline makes for good three plus hour day hike or a interesting bike ride. Riding up the trail is not advisable for most, a road is there to take you to the top. Watch out for crazy motorbikers that haven't learned a lesson yet. View from the top is pretty nice of the Bremerton Watershed and the Puget Sound.
Good hike for winter time exercise!