Wildcat Beyond Trail

Wildcat Beyond Trail is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bremerton, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Love green mt and it's stunning views.

My first hike on this trail. Multi-purpose trail for hikers, bikers, horse and motorbike. Started on Sunday around 10AM, only a handful of other hikers seen during the whole route. Passed by 2 horses and a couple of mountain bikes. Motor bikes were pretty obnoxious but thankfully uncommon. Trail is extremely well marked so you would have to work pretty hard to get lost. Uneven trail with the usual transitions with roots and rock. Gradual climb entire route. Hiking boots and trekking poles will make for a better day. Of note, Wildcat trail ends and transitions to Vista Trail if you want to reach the vista of Green Mtn. Total distance on GPS for me was actually 8.8 miles. 3 stars due to rare scenic points and a dusty trail due to motor bike erosion. Still a good local hike for the legs. Remember to have your Discover Pass for the parking lot.

This is the first trail I've been on in Washington and it set the standard pretty high. When you're entering the parking lot at the trailhead you might want to stay left if you have a lower clearance on your car; there are some pretty deep ruts to the right. The whole trail is well maintained and shaded for almost the entire way. I ended up turning around at the Vista Trailhead; if you want to stay on Wildcat trail your turn around spot is at the summit where the trail follows the road (you'll know where). For my return to the Wildcat Trailhead I took Gold Creek to Beaver Pond to Wildcat to get a different view.

it's a long way up to the top. I wish I would have had a bike for the way down.

DISCOVERY PASS REQUIRED! I wasn't able to hike because I didn't have a pass. I will update my review when I'm able to check it out. Just wanted to let people know.

Loved this trail. I was there with my dog in January, so very little hiker traffic. But looks like it's a favorite local spot, for hikers and mountain bikers alike. Totally beautiful and a moderate/not difficult climb.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Monday, September 12, 2016

Thursday, August 18, 2016

I love this trail- good hike with lots of shade. I went during the week so it wasn't too busy. I will go again.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

The view is amazing at the top! The hike going up is very beautiful too. Mostly shady so it's great on a warm day. Bring water!