Whistle Punk Trail

Whistle Punk Trail is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Carson, Washington. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Trail is IMPASSIBLE, believe me.. I tried. This past winter destroyed this path. It is beyond just a few trees down. Having expected an easy, fairly boring hike I got a bit excited when I discovered an obstacle course in its place. The logging equipment seems to have been long decrepit and overgrown. The placards were however helpful in designating the way for the first half of the trail. After reaching the old growth we discovered some deep patches of snow which further masked the path. About a mile in, we had to turn around because we lost the trail. Honestly, we would have lost it multiple times prior to this point had it not been for my dog. I do not recommend this hike unless you're heading in with a chain saw and a prior knowledge of the trail or an outstanding sense of direction. Perhaps another time, Whistle Punk.

Was out today and trail is still covered in fallen trees and limbs from winter. Could not travel far with 3 kids under 5 one being in backpack. Did take hike up road past trail head though. very nice hike although steep.

The parking lot was still covered in snow. We only walked in 1/4 mile. The trail looks interesting. It's a long drive from pdx metro if this is all you are going to do. Bunker Hill is right next to this one. I plan on coming back when the snow melts and doing both.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Beautiful walk through the woods. Easy trail, with great markers and informative signs.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Way out there.....no one was there at all. Quiet, trash free, beautiful. Not really museum like a few pieces of metal left behind with some info and very short easy trail but we loved being alone and trash free so I give it 5 stars for that just my opinion though maybe lots of people wouldn't want to go so far for that little....you could pair the day with another short panther creek falls 9 miles away.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Great hike for families or with small children. Very easy hike for beginners and starters. Makes a great quick flat jog. Bikers this is an open trail with no holes or rocks.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

The attraction is supposed to be the logging relics, but nothing much exciting to see here (except for the mosquitoes). Also, the interpretive signs are more cutesy than informative, which we found to be annoying, not entertaining.

The rest of the trail out to the research crane may be more interesting, but this was a short stop on a longer trip, and we didn't have time to go all the way out there.

Saturday, March 30, 2013