Whistle Lake Trail

Whistle Lake Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Nice easy trail. we will be back to fish soon.

nice little loop with many side trails. we will be back to fish the laske with the kids.

This was a beautiful hike. There is a great variety of things to see. I enjoyed the undulating terrain. We had a group consisting of young & old who found it to be slightly challenging at a few points but was easily overcome with little assistance and rest periods. I like that there are many different modalities that were able to participate as well as the multiple different routes that were available. I found walking sticks useful it help me over the rocks and roots. Highly recommend!

Great day with kids and BFFs. Not to hot not to cold, very little mud!

Moderate! Lot of up and downs. Beautiful, saw only one other person. You need this app. To remain on course!!!!! Lots of trails!!

Great cliffs for jumping off. Can also hike over to Heart lake

I love this trail! You can hike it all times of the year. And it has many trails leading off so you can extend your hike however much you choose.

Great hike with some steep challenges for a beginner. Great treck

Friday, August 11, 2017

really pretty, climb up mountain not too bad. park Ranger really nice. good for all ages and hiking levels

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Nice stroll around the lake. Very tranquil, enjoyed the beauty. Secluded place, only saw a few people on the trail but it was a weekday. There are several adjoining trails to choose from. Only downfall, there were a lot of bugs. Drove us crazy, had to double up on bug repellant

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

the trails around the lake are confusing if you look at the map (the map only has a handful of the actual trails making it a bit harder to navigate), but a very pretty and peaceful hike. we went with the method of picking "right" to go around the lake and eventually it got us back around to the entrance.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Fairly easy trail close to Anacortes. You can make it as hard or as long as you like.

Monday, May 29, 2017

relatively easy. some steep parts. great view from the top and some nice places to stop for a snack or picnic along the way. for those just looking for the view you can also drive to the top of Mt. Erie. However the road to the Mt. Erie may still be under construction.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Real nice leisurely stroll with pups. Several different trails. Beautiful lake in middle !

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Went with my son he's 36 and I'm 57. This was a very relaxing and scenic hike. It has several different trails you can take that all end up at the lake which is very beautiful.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

first hike in Washington. it was really awesome. trails were clearly marked and over all a really nice hike.

Monday, July 11, 2016

I had amazing hike water clear and lots of trails to choose from

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Out for a little hike and fishing. I got a late start and it was to warm for a trout bite. Saw a big bass. Great to be outside enjoying the weather and PNW!

Friday, May 20, 2016

Great hike around the lake. I'd consider it more moderate than easy. Great spots to jump into the lake. Took a bit to hike out to the lake and trail from the parking lot tho. Well taken care of and trails labeled. CFBL

Monday, March 21, 2016

Raining and gorgeous

Sunday, July 05, 2015

This trail is busy, busy, busy. I'm not sure why it's marked easy, in my opinion it's moderate. But maybe it was the loop we took:

201 to 21 to 20(Old Road) to 204 to 21 to 22 to 205 to 20(Old Road). It was rough at points, almost a climb. Lots of rocks and roots. Beautiful scenery once on the trail, anytime we had to get on Old Road, it was just teeming with people, noise, garbage, horse manure, and dog poo. On the trail we only saw another couple hiking, and another trail running. This area is definitely used more for Old Road directly to the lake, which is beautiful. We got in late, so by the time we made it half way around the lake, there was only one other group doing cannonballs off the cliffs, and when we came out, one couple coming in for a late swim. Careful on Old Road, aside from poo, people, and trash, mountain bikers coming tearing through here, as well as motorcycles and scooters. Because the rocks are big, and gravel unpredictable, it can be a dangerous situation.

Be aware at the TH: there is two trail starts. The one to the left of the sign is Old Road and goes straight to the lake. Go off to the right some, and that where 201 starts, and heads away from Old Road and people. Parking at the TH on a slow day I'm sure is great. This day was a total mess. We ended up parking along the roadway coming in.

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

This trail offers many activities. Hiking, trail running, walking, biking, horseback riding and more. It's an easy wide trail but many other trails that branch off that get narrower. Overall really easy to hike or trail run. Has some good inclines and flat stretches for trail running. Mostly covered trail offering shade. Easy hike.

Monday, April 13, 2015

How far in is the cliff jumping what trail is it off is the cliff jumping spots easy to find how high are they?

Friday, April 10, 2015

Great day for hiking Whistle Lake. We started about 4:30 pm. The weather was great, nice and sunny. We began with taking a right at the outhouse, continuing down to trail # 22 and taking a left. Then onto # 206 and right on # 205. We did branch off the main trail for a little bit and followed the lake, getting great views of the little island. After that we got back onto # 205. Along the lake we found fawn lily's, Indian paintbrush and lady slippers blooming. The Hens and chicks were just beginning. Awesome hike tonight with very few people there. Would highly recommend bringing an ACFL map of the area. There are several trails that branch off.

Monday, April 06, 2015

oops, please ignore my previous review and photos. The review/photos I posted were not for Whistle lake in Washington. They were for Holland lake in Minnesota. My bad, wrong trail.

Monday, April 06, 2015

Cool scenic trail for casual hiking (not much incline). Plenty of trails to choose from. Helpful maps along the trails to help keep track of where you're at. I connected several trails to make a 4.8 mile loop. Recommend early morning hikes to see more wild life.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Awesome secluded lake. Go when the weather is nasty and you will have absolute solitude.

Monday, July 07, 2014

07/6/14 great family hike great scenery good place to go for cliff jumping!!!! Clear water

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Trail was well maintained, easily navigable, and the weather was cooperative, partly sunny with showers. Amazing scenery.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

wasn't to happy with the hike. I didn't make it to the lake. The trails were all mud and the sun wasn't able to peak through the trees so it felt like I was in some cave or something. There was a lot of bikers out and about but I wouldn't recommend it for hiking with your dog. Not very scenic either a lot of woodland debris looked like from a storm or something.