Whipple Creek Park Loop Trail

Whipple Creek Park Loop Trail is a 2.1 mile loop trail located near Ridgefield, Washington that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking lot located North of the park.

Great hike, although the amount of horse crap that is everywhere is pretty gross. Just be careful. Its literally everywhere.

Love this hike so much. It so secluded and a beautiful walk. Could spend all day here. The signs are a bit confusing at first but I do love it. The mill is always a great see.

We loved bringing our dogs here to enjoy this beautiful spot. I loved being nestled in all the nature surrounding me. We saw a coyote, it was near the trail by the farm but ran into the farm land when we came by. It didn’t run into the woods, just stood watching us. We saw tons of birds. Very nice place!

Great place to take kids, see some horses and listen to the birds, see the beautiful trees and not too difficult. Beautiful place to use your imagination.

Amazing trails, we got to see people on there horses, and see the beautiful scenery. I’ll definitely be going back to this one... One thing to keep in mind there are steep hills there. But great all around!!

Wonderful escape, not far from town.. watch out for stinging nettles!!

This trail is so relaxing and is perfect for a cardio workout and a nice walk with my dog. The views are so pretty and there are a lot of different paths to take so there is always something new to explore everytime I go on this trail. My first time on this trail it was pretty hard to understand where I was supposed to be going as there were so many paths but the GPS on this app helped me stay on the correct paths. Pretty soon I was trying new paths and over time it was easier and easier to navigate.

Great area need to go back & explore

Nice regional park for an afternoon stroll with the dog. Definitely a lot of horses here along with all their bushels of road apples. Makes one wonder why horse owners aren’t held to the same poop standards as dog owners???

Took the kids & went with my walking group a few weeks after. Was a really great light hike for the kids to get the season started❤️

great hike for all levels. Many different trail options to make the hike last.

great trails ,lots of shade hard hike.

Beautiful.

Beautiful trails! A lot of horse poop but easy to follow trails and a lot of miles to be had here!

One of my favorite places to run. By taking lots of small side trails, you can easily get 7-10 miles in there.

It was a very beautiful trail. Loved the old mill but it was pretty confusing to follow. We had to have a map with us. The signs really didn’t help much.

while the trail is "marked," I found it confusing until I did this trail a couple of times. I like that it feels secluded in city limits and the there are hills for a bit of a workout. I plan to explore all the side trails next (rabbit hole, ? chimney....). Dog friendly and nice people I meet there. Watch out for horse patties. lol

It's ok. Lots of horse dung.

my grandson and I will be back.

A fun easy & beautiful trail. It made for a great afternoon hike & picnic.
Well maintained with directions posted in the places you seem to need them.

Probably my favorite "in town" walk. short and easy, but pleasantly shaded throughout.

Did a two-mile loop with my Yorkie, my best friend, and her lab mix pup. absolutely beautiful. Well-maintained. You'll step around a lot of horse poop, but who cares. Nearly the entire hike was wooded and shaded. Great way to spend the afternoon!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Great trails for hiking with kids. A couple of hills but they are short. Knew that it was an active horse riding trail...kid loved seeing the horses and even got to say hi to a couple.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Beautiful, the only negative is way too much horse poop all over the trail.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Trails were good, but a bit hilly for beginner's. More of a moderate trail.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Monday, May 29, 2017

Pretty nice views, good for a short walk with a few side trails. Beware of the horse poop!

Friday, May 05, 2017

Very,very muddy in spots - great in other areas. Skirt the edge of the muddy spots and you'll be fine but watch out for lot's of stinging nettle. Lots of bugs coming out. The area is beautiful with lots of varieties of plants, trees and birds. I'll wait for it to dry out some before going back.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

my new favorite park. Nice 1 mile loop and a nice easy walk. still quite muddy in some spots. busy on the weekends with horse riders who are very courteous. quite during the week. lots of wild flowers this time of year.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Very muddy in Spring but still so beautiful. Away from the hub bub. Enjoy the quiet, peaceful, Bird songs, or the babbling creek.