West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail Loop

West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail Loop is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An alternative trail to the summit of West Tiger summit #3, this trail follows the buried power lines straight up to the summit. The West Tiger Cable line is the steep way to the summit of West Tiger mountain #3, climbing 2000 feet in just under 1.5 miles.

A first class workout.

Great trail. Be prepared it is difficult going straight up the cable trail but well worth it. And you can take the longer easier way back. Going at a slower pace the look took 3 hours.

Good hike and workout. Though you won't get a view on top of the summit, it's an enjoyable hike through the woods.

For trialhead bus access, connect from east sunset way stop, then take the wetland trial, then bus trial which connects to west tiger #3 trial.

I chose this trail for the difficulty and from reading other reviews. First time up I took my camelbak with 15lbs of weight as well as a 15lb weighted vest. It was a tough climb, but worth it as an alternate leg day. I have no special hiking gear or boots, just a ratty pair of sauconys, and I made it to the top fine. The descent, though more time consuming than a standard trail descent, was quite fun. Not a great view at the top, so I can only recommend this to people looking to torch their legs. One note: this trail has some serious mud chute sections which are touch to navigate even when dry. When wet, these sections of the trail can be extremely slippery. Be mindful if you're trekking up after/during rain.

Great little work out

It was a challenging workout but disappointing view at the top. Nothing to see.

Muddy on the way.

Great hike! Snowed on us at the top no equipment needed.

A bit hard to find the trailhead keep driving to the final parking lot

Views were decent and definitely a great workout.

I gave it 4 stars because if you go the opposite direction and head straight up the cable line, it’s ~2000ft of gain in 2 mi. Good workout, open year round.

Great hike but definitely for more work out purposes than for view purposes

Thursday, September 14, 2017

This is an awesome hike. The trail itself was an experience. When it is .6 miles to the summit take the left where you get to see Mt Si and few mountain ranges. Otherwise it is a great workout but nothing much of a treat at the top.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Good hike.... trail was wider than others we've been on lately and also not as rocky. It was challenging, but worth it. The views were sparse, however, the birds are not afraid to get close to humans for some good pics...

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Brutal without a view. Major workout and worth it!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nice workout but not good view points

Sunday, August 06, 2017

We walked it yesterday, the heat actually wasn't too bad due to the shade from the forest and occasional light breezes. The trail is quite rocky and dry, especially in the last mile or so before the summit. A great workout; I found it physically easier but technically more demanding to descend-my shorter-legged wife found the opposite to be true. The trailhead bathroom was disgusting, not maintained and with trash from ripped bags strewn throughout the floors of both men and women's. Overall, a great hike-it's difficulty rating deriving mostly from the last mile to the summit, in our opinion.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Crazy hike, not for beginners. I took this route by mistake instead of the regular tiger mountain hike. I went few feet up could not return since it was very steep and slippery with loose rocks. But had no choice to hike up this steep climb. Not recommended for beginners.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Tough for a beginner hike. Best to go with someone to help motivate you, otherwise you'd be like me turning around thinking it would be easier to go back, lol! Won't do it alone again!

Monday, July 24, 2017

Great workout! Couldn't even keep a 2 mph average uphill with a day pack.

Monday, June 12, 2017

The trail is a decent workout, but the viewpoint is disappointing. Not likely to do this one again.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Okay we didnt do the cable line, we took trail 3 to the lookout. Cable line looks straight up and big loose rocks. Trail 3 is great, last mile is hardest but worth it. Limited views on a cloudy day.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

A good hike for running and exercise, but only the bottom half is pretty. The views from the top were especially disappointing. Note that once the incline begins, it is continual with periods that are fairly steep. It took me just over 2 hours up and back.

I will stay with the Talus Rocks Trail from this starting point as I find it much prettier and more interesting than this hike.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Love this uphill hike, straight uphill almost!! Very good hike up a hill if you're looking to hike up a hill :-) I went to what I assume was the top and there's a bunch of other trails, It is a pretty good workout. There's a nice homeless tent city at the entrance though. they stare at you and give you attitude, complete mean a-holes . So I don't see any reason why they wouldn't break into your car. Other than that the hike is great.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Good hike for quick workout. This hike starts going up and keeps going. Today, there was a lot of water on the trail and it was snowing for the last quarter mile.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

No viewpoint but good conditioning hike

Thursday, January 12, 2017

I did this trail last weekend, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. There really aren't any great viewpoints but I just wanted to do a good conditioning hike/run and this was perfect. I highly recommend traction for when you get higher up, due to the ice. I can't wait to come back and see how many times I can do this trail in one day. My only complaint is the road to the trailhead- way too many pot holes. Next time I am going to park on the side of the road and start at the high point Way trailhead.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Didn't realize how hard the incline was the first 2 miles in! The top was snowy and beautiful. Very very icy as you reach the top. Great weather.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016