West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail

West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1909 feet

An alternative trail to the summit of West Tiger summit #3, this trail follows the buried power lines straight up to the summit. The West Tiger Cable line is the steep way to the summit of West Tiger mountain #3, climbing 2000 feet in just under 1.5 miles.

Views were decent and definitely a great workout.

I gave it 4 stars because if you go the opposite direction and head straight up the cable line, it’s ~2000ft of gain in 2 mi. Good workout, open year round.

Great hike but definitely for more work out purposes than for view purposes

This is an awesome hike. The trail itself was an experience. When it is .6 miles to the summit take the left where you get to see Mt Si and few mountain ranges. Otherwise it is a great workout but nothing much of a treat at the top.

Good hike.... trail was wider than others we've been on lately and also not as rocky. It was challenging, but worth it. The views were sparse, however, the birds are not afraid to get close to humans for some good pics...

Brutal without a view. Major workout and worth it!

Nice workout but not good view points

We walked it yesterday, the heat actually wasn't too bad due to the shade from the forest and occasional light breezes. The trail is quite rocky and dry, especially in the last mile or so before the summit. A great workout; I found it physically easier but technically more demanding to descend-my shorter-legged wife found the opposite to be true. The trailhead bathroom was disgusting, not maintained and with trash from ripped bags strewn throughout the floors of both men and women's. Overall, a great hike-it's difficulty rating deriving mostly from the last mile to the summit, in our opinion.

Crazy hike, not for beginners. I took this route by mistake instead of the regular tiger mountain hike. I went few feet up could not return since it was very steep and slippery with loose rocks. But had no choice to hike up this steep climb. Not recommended for beginners.

Tough for a beginner hike. Best to go with someone to help motivate you, otherwise you'd be like me turning around thinking it would be easier to go back, lol! Won't do it alone again!

Great workout! Couldn't even keep a 2 mph average uphill with a day pack.

The trail is a decent workout, but the viewpoint is disappointing. Not likely to do this one again.

Okay we didnt do the cable line, we took trail 3 to the lookout. Cable line looks straight up and big loose rocks. Trail 3 is great, last mile is hardest but worth it. Limited views on a cloudy day.

A good hike for running and exercise, but only the bottom half is pretty. The views from the top were especially disappointing. Note that once the incline begins, it is continual with periods that are fairly steep. It took me just over 2 hours up and back.

I will stay with the Talus Rocks Trail from this starting point as I find it much prettier and more interesting than this hike.

Love this uphill hike, straight uphill almost!! Very good hike up a hill if you're looking to hike up a hill :-) I went to what I assume was the top and there's a bunch of other trails, It is a pretty good workout. There's a nice homeless tent city at the entrance though. they stare at you and give you attitude, complete mean a-holes . So I don't see any reason why they wouldn't break into your car. Other than that the hike is great.

Good hike for quick workout. This hike starts going up and keeps going. Today, there was a lot of water on the trail and it was snowing for the last quarter mile.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

No viewpoint but good conditioning hike

Thursday, January 12, 2017

I did this trail last weekend, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. There really aren't any great viewpoints but I just wanted to do a good conditioning hike/run and this was perfect. I highly recommend traction for when you get higher up, due to the ice. I can't wait to come back and see how many times I can do this trail in one day. My only complaint is the road to the trailhead- way too many pot holes. Next time I am going to park on the side of the road and start at the high point Way trailhead.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Didn't realize how hard the incline was the first 2 miles in! The top was snowy and beautiful. Very very icy as you reach the top. Great weather.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016