West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail

West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2034 feet

An alternative trail to the summit of West Tiger summit #3, this trail follows the buried power lines straight up to the summit. The West Tiger Cable line is the steep way to the summit of West Tiger mountain #3, climbing 2000 feet in just under 1.5 miles.

Nice workout but not good view points

We walked it yesterday, the heat actually wasn't too bad due to the shade from the forest and occasional light breezes. The trail is quite rocky and dry, especially in the last mile or so before the summit. A great workout; I found it physically easier but technically more demanding to descend-my shorter-legged wife found the opposite to be true. The trailhead bathroom was disgusting, not maintained and with trash from ripped bags strewn throughout the floors of both men and women's. Overall, a great hike-it's difficulty rating deriving mostly from the last mile to the summit, in our opinion.

Crazy hike, not for beginners. I took this route by mistake instead of the regular tiger mountain hike. I went few feet up could not return since it was very steep and slippery with loose rocks. But had no choice to hike up this steep climb. Not recommended for beginners.

Tough for a beginner hike. Best to go with someone to help motivate you, otherwise you'd be like me turning around thinking it would be easier to go back, lol! Won't do it alone again!

Great workout! Couldn't even keep a 2 mph average uphill with a day pack.

The trail is a decent workout, but the viewpoint is disappointing. Not likely to do this one again.

Okay we didnt do the cable line, we took trail 3 to the lookout. Cable line looks straight up and big loose rocks. Trail 3 is great, last mile is hardest but worth it. Limited views on a cloudy day.

A good hike for running and exercise, but only the bottom half is pretty. The views from the top were especially disappointing. Note that once the incline begins, it is continual with periods that are fairly steep. It took me just over 2 hours up and back.

I will stay with the Talus Rocks Trail from this starting point as I find it much prettier and more interesting than this hike.