Wenatchee Crest Trail

Wenatchee Crest Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cashmere, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for snowshoeing and is best used from December until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.6 miles Elevation Gain: 708 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Be advised that you need a snow Park permit to park at the trailhead during winter months.

Not my favorite hike parked at bottom of the rd off blewett walked up till there was a fork in the rd...did the left side for a hr.Easy walk on a old dirt gravel rd.Easy enough for our old dog to walk at a easy pace.Think we will bring the off rd wagon for our 2 yr old next time. ONLY complaint is need better markers on were you can and can NOT park and Were the trail is located at

Okay trail, one car in the parking area, but never saw anyone on the trail. It was a nice trail and would have rated it higher if I had gone earlier/later in the season to have more packed snow or less snow. Snow was about 24” deep in the trail and I played the post holing drop and crawl game the whole way. Views were great, but the irritation of the conditions outweighed the beauty of the trail and area. I went in regular hiking boots based on other reviews around the time, switched out to snowshoes and still sunk. I’d probably avoid it for the next week or so until the snow has melted to avoid drop injuries. Nice and quiet, no mud, and looking forward to doing it again in a month or so.

Nice easy trail, not very many people. Great views, our dogs loved it.

Well packed, didn't even need our snowshoes.

Great work! Snowing the whole time! Was able to do the whole trail in my Sorel snow boots, although we did have snowshoes and micro spikes if we needed! Overall, great day!

Beautiful views. We snowshoed but many were hiking. Nice easy trail to learn snowshoeing.

recorded Wenatchee Crest Trail

Super beautiful snowshoe hike. great views of the Stuart Mountain Range at several spots. Had just had a foot+ of new snow.

I just completed this hike today, January 1rst 2019. It was my first time using snowshoes and after reviewing a few recommended trails for beginners, I chose this one. I live in Yakima and this hike is less than a 90 minute drive. All trails app is wrong regarding the elevation gain. It's actually 400', not 1,000' as indicated. It's a very gradual and mild incline for this 8 mile round trip. Be advised that you need a snow Park permit to park there. The trail is actually groomed at the beginning, the rest is also groomed by snowmobiles. Therefore, I didn't need to use snowshoes unless going off the groomed path for exploration, which I did. Do take snowshoes anyway, as you can't predict if you need them or not in the winter season.

Gorgeous views when you have a clear day. Perfect snow shoe for beginners.

Sat Sep 29 2018

Road closed due wildfire

Thu Sep 06 2018

Great hike! Beautiful views of the surrounding mountains! If you’re looking to clock some miles, this is an ideal trail. Given the length and elevation changes listed here on AllTrails, we didn’t expect this trail to actually feel “easy.” But after this hike we agree that it actually is an easy trail. Was it still rewarding? Absolutely! Long and leisurely, great views, no steep hills, very few huge rocks, beautiful scenery. Part of the reason it’s so easy and smooth is because the trail is actually a narrow dirt road, wide enough for one vehicle. We only saw one car on the way, but the fact that it’s more of a road than a trail kind of changes the overall feel. In order to reach the “summit,” make sure you watch out for the fork at the very end. It’s easy to miss. The trail will branch to the left, steeply up a hill, and most people probably wouldn’t notice it without knowing it’s there. GPS helps. Conclusion: Worth it! Will be back!

Sun Mar 19 2017

Snowshoeing 3/18/17 with a large dog. Sun and warmish temps are just beginning to make the snow super crunchy which is a little annoying in larger snowshoes because you're constantly stepping off camber because of ridges and tracks frozen in the snow. Dog only had minor occasional problems staying afloat but that's cuz he's a nut and likes to truck off trail sometimes. We went ALLLLLLL the way to the end and that last uphill climb was tough for me. I had to question my commitment a couple times but stuck with it because it would have bugged me not to. There is a viewpoint about 3 miles in, if you climb up a little outcropping on the right of the trail, pretty much the only time once you gain landscape views that the earth would impose to block your view, well climb that for a great panorama and that is an adequate spot to turn back IMO if you're not stubborn like I am. There was very little evidence of traffic past that point, maybe week old snowshoe tracks and a pair of Nordic tracks maybe a few days old. I came to a fork and wasn't clear whether to go high or low and my gps was being jenky, so I went low for a bit, then second guessed myself based on the elevation mapping on the app that I had chosen wrong. So I slogged back down and went the high road. There were continued views, but not anything that I would have been disappointed to miss, and you'll save a slightly painful long uphill trudge. Anyhow, will be uploading lots of pics per my usual and would definitely recommend this as a rewarding snowshoe that gives you a workout. Also, edited to say...I'm not hugely experienced as a snowshoer, but I logged over 8 miles here (thanks to waffling at that fork in the trail) and I was seriously hurting by the end. While the this is fairly easy snowshoeing for most of the terrain, understand that the whole trek is definitely more taxing than 'easy.' Just my 2 cents.

recorded Wenatchee Crest Trail