Weldon Wagon Road Trail

Weldon Wagon Road Trail is a 4.4 mile out and back trail located near White Salmon, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A peaceful hike in one of those weird transition zones of the gorge where the environment kinda blends west & east, which I happen to find interesting. I give the hike 3 stars for that +1 for the solitude and +1 if the wildflowers are out. If those don't matter to you, adjust rating accordingly.

For those afraid of heights, beware - eventually the narrow path traverses some semi-exposed slopes. A well-graded trail; not very steep. But all those No Trespassing signs you see when you follow the trail to the end into the deep dark woods? A little awkward. Be sure to get directions for the trailhead since it's not well signed. Didn't notice any washouts (which someone mentioned below).

A short but lovely hike over the hills to the east of the White Salmon river valley. The hillsides are strewn with wildflowers in May and June, and sunny days provide a fantastic view of Mount Hood to the south.

A steady incline with cool views. Fun for the dog.

Lots of wildflowers. Peaceful and gorgeous.

Great hike! Out (uphill) and back (downhill) with superb views. No crowds. Dog ran loose most of time. Check for ticks when finished. Our dog had a lot.

Beautiful views! Trail head wasn't very well marked, but was definitely worth the drove from Portland. Kept our dogs off leash the whole way, wasn't too strenuous.

The trail is unpleasantly in poor condition and is periodically washed out. Not that nice of a hike. Not what I'd call a good time. Oh, and someone's been using the side of the trail as a bathroom, toilet paper and all. I do not recommend.

The trail head is currently not signed at all. Private property all around. Had to give up and find another hike. Disappointing.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Great hike through Oregon oak. The end goes near private property and the absolute end takes you to a spruce tree patch and basically just stops. Turning around with a quarter mile to go wouldn't be the worst idea. Splendid views of the valley and surrounding peaks.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Monday, March 02, 2015

This was an awesome hike. I went on a sunny Sunday afternoon and was surprised to see so many people (but not crowded by any means). From children to elderly as well as mountain bikers this trail great for all types. I took my dog (who has sore feet) and she was able to complete this trail. Remember to bring water for yourself and your pup.

As others I was extremely confused towards the end of the trail. It leads to private property and I ended up getting chased out before I could figure out where to go. I'd definitely go back at try to get to the actual end though.

Beautiful valley views that make you feel on top of the world with Mt. Hood peaking out at you.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

We loved this hike - beautiful wild flowers, although we we were a little too late to see the blooms of the balsam root which would have been spectacular. Great views of the valley and of Mt. Hood, plus two types of forest trails.