Waughop Lake Loop is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakewood, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 9 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

NOTE: It has been reported this trail has temporary closures due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. Note: The lake contains algae that may be dangerous upon contact. It is not recommended for you or your pet to come into contact with the water.

Great trial , favorite spot to go now. Bright and sunny day, lots of shade and great spots to sit. Took my 3 year old and she loved it.

short, flat loop great for walking or running with a stroller. open again now.

closed to public right now

Easy, paved trail. Some wildlife but not much else.

Very easy to bike ride pulling kids on trailer & trail bike. No major hills on most paved areas.

The trail is just fine, it's the people that use it are the problem. Quite a bit of trash littered along the trail and at the water's edge. Also quite a few spots of dog poop in the middle of the paved path.

Clean, quiet and relaxing.

there is a trail around the body of water and many trails branching off of it. nice place

Fairly nice little walk, probably would be nice to roller skate.

Nicely paved path around lake. Part sun, part shaded. A wonderful, scenic place for a walk. Resting benches along the way if needed.

8-30-2019.Beware! Toxic algae in lake, will kill your dog. Otherwise great walk, very enjoyable.

Smooth and easy. Great loop to crank out some easy mileage.

Mon May 27 2019

This trail actually skirts the Waughop lake, unlike the Waughop lake MTB Trail. Very nice lake, great scenery. Short walk with friendly crowd on memorial day. Plenty of shade and places to sit along the lake. Accident walk on a sunny day with family or loved ones.

Sat May 18 2019

pros: *paved * kiddo and dog friendly * 1/2 shaded * short * lots of parking cons: * bathroom far away * dirty lake * no water fountains

Sun May 12 2019

It’s a nice, flat, paved loop around the lake. Nice for a stroll.

Sun May 05 2019

I walk this loop all the time.

Sat Mar 23 2019

This is a fantastic place to run. It's a flat, paved track that's almost exactly 1 mile all along the edge of a small, scenic lake.

Mon Oct 15 2018

A flat loop but beautiful to walk around.

Fri Aug 17 2018

I don't think I can count the number of times I've actually been to this park, I feel like it exceeds 10, 000, perfect nice easy walk for elderly and kids and strollers if this is too easy for you just Veer off the path into the hills and woods or the monument to the original Western State Hospital, Dog park, drone flying Zone, playground and fields of plenty. I hope nothing ever makes this place go away!

Mon Mar 19 2018

Short easy trail. Good for kids and strollers.

Mon Feb 26 2018

Too short

Wed Dec 27 2017

Ok fishing

Fri Sep 15 2017

Toxic alge in lake. Not good do humans or pets.

Sun Sep 03 2017

great trail for the family

Sat Sep 02 2017

Nice, flat terrain. Good for strollers, bikes, kids.

Thu Aug 31 2017

They recently did a lot of work on the park and the paved trail around the lake is awesome! If you use the side trails up the hill by Pierce College you can see Mount Rainier on a clear day!

Sat Aug 12 2017

Easy trail, easy walking. Decent view. Had a fair many people on it and it had a fair amount of litter a d dead animals in the water, which was alarming.

Wed Apr 12 2017

Easy trail. Lots of people, and when we go, ducks (and duck poo). A lot of people have dogs as the dog park is nearby.

Sat Oct 08 2016

Always forward, Never back! Didn't really have a plan when I set out. I ended up doing several long hills. Really had to push myself going up the last 2 hills behind Pierce College. It was hard to stop thinking about how tired I was and how I just wanted to stop for a few seconds. But I kept pushing, putting one foot in front of the other and made it to the top. Than I stopped for a moment to wipe my brow with my shirt. The perseverance of hiking and continuing to push when tired can help grow that perseverance into the rest of your life for when things get difficult. Few things I keep repeating to myself if I need motivation is "Don't stop", "Forward" or "Always Forward", which is a longer version of something else I thought of "Always forward never back"

Wed Oct 05 2016

Rainy but still great hike. Used my umbrella most of the time. But going through the woods I had to close it a few times due to brush and thorns, so that slowed me down a bit.